Marginal note:Specific threats
91. The operator of an aerodrome who determines that there is a specific threat that jeopardizes the security of the aerodrome must immediately take all of the measures necessary to ensure the safety of the aerodrome and persons at the aerodrome, including informing the appropriate police service of the nature of the threat.
Marginal note:Duties of other person
92. A person, other than a screening authority, who is carrying on any activity at an aerodrome and who is made aware of a threat against the aerodrome must
(a) immediately notify the operator of the aerodrome of the nature of the threat; and
(b) assist the operator of the aerodrome in determining whether there is a specific threat that jeopardizes the security of the aerodrome.
Marginal note:Threats identified by other person
93. If it is determined under paragraph 15(b), 90(b) or 92(b) that there is a specific threat that jeopardizes the security of an aerodrome, the operator of the aerodrome must immediately take all of the measures necessary to ensure the safety of the aerodrome and persons at the aerodrome, including informing the appropriate police service of the nature of the threat.
Marginal note:Security incidents
94. The operator of an aerodrome must immediately notify the Minister when any of the following incidents occur:
(a) the discovery, at the aerodrome, of a weapon, explosive substance or incendiary device that is not permitted under subsection 78(2);
(b) an explosion at the aerodrome, unless the explosion is known to be the result of an accident, excavation, demolition or construction work, or the use of fireworks displays;
(c) a specific threat against the aerodrome; and
(d) an aviation security incident that involves a peace officer anywhere at the aerodrome other than areas under an air carrier’s control.
Marginal note:Commercial air service information
95. The operator of an aerodrome must provide the Minister with written notice of any new commercial air service that is to begin at an air terminal building.
Personnel and Training
Marginal note:Division overview
108. This Division sets out requirements respecting security personnel and other persons who are assigned aerodrome-related security roles and responsibilities at an aerodrome.
Security Official — Aerodrome
111. A security official of an aerodrome is an individual who is responsible for
(a) coordinating and overseeing security controls and procedures at the aerodrome; and
(b) acting as the principal contact between the operator of the aerodrome and the Minister with respect to security matters, including the airport security program.
- Date modified: