Marginal note:Warning — air bag
617. (1) Every restraint system for infants with special needs must bear the air bag warning label shown in Schedule 6, and the label must conform to the requirements of that schedule.
(2) The label referred to in subsection (1) must be affixed in a permanent manner at either of the following locations and be fully visible to a person installing the restraint system:
(a) on the side of the restraint system that will face the right front passenger door when the restraint system is facing rearward; or
(b) at the location where the infant’s head would rest or adjacent to that location.
Marginal note:Installation instructions
618. (1) Every restraint system for infants with special needs must be accompanied by printed instructions, in both official languages, that set out a step-by-step procedure, including diagrams, for
(a) installing and securing the restraint system in a vehicle;
(b) positioning an infant with special needs in the restraint system; and
(c) adjusting every part of the restraint system that is designed to restrain the infant.
(2) The instructions referred to in paragraph (1)(a) must state that the restraint system, even when unoccupied, must be firmly secured to the vehicle.
(3) The instructions must
(a) specify the classes of vehicles, the seating positions and the types of vehicle seat belts with which the restraint system may or may not be used;
(b) specify whether the restraint system may be used with a lower universal anchorage system;
(c) if the restraint system has a means of automatically repositioning the seating surface, specify that the ability of the restraint system to change position must not be impeded; and
(d) explain the primary consequences of not following the warnings appearing on the restraint system.
Marginal note:Storage of instructions
(4) Every restraint system for infants with special needs must have a place for the storage of instructions.
TRANSITIONAL PROVISION, REPEAL AND COMING INTO FORCE
700. Until December 31, 2011, the restraint systems and booster seats referred to in these Regulations may, instead of conforming to the requirements of these Regulations, conform to the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Restraint Systems and Booster Cushions Safety Regulations as they read on the day before the day on which these Regulations came into force and as they were modified in their application by the Order Modifying the Operation of the Motor Vehicle Restraint Systems and Booster Cushions Safety Regulations and the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations, which came into effect on May 1, 2009 and was published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on May 9, 2009.
- SOR/2010-279, s. 1, err., Vol. 144, No. 26.
- Date modified: