Restraint System and Booster Seat Information
National Safety Mark
Marginal note:No importation without national safety mark
104. A company must not import into Canada a restraint system other than a custom restraint system for a disabled person that is not designed to be used only in school buses, or a booster seat, unless the company has applied the national safety mark to the restraint system or booster seat.
Lower Universal Anchorage System Symbol
Marginal note:Lower universal anchorage system symbol
105. Every restraint system or booster seat that is equipped with a lower connector system must bear the lower universal anchorage system symbol shown in Schedule 3, on a background of contrasting colour, on or near the lower connector system, and the symbol must be fully visible to a person installing the restraint system or booster seat when the restraint system or booster seat is positioned in the vehicle.
106. (1) For each restraint system or booster seat to which the national safety mark is applied or that is imported into Canada, a company must maintain in writing or in readily readable electronic form the records referred to in paragraph 5(1)(g) of the Act that show that the restraint system or booster seat conforms to all prescribed standards applicable to it, and retain those records for at least five years after the day on which the restraint system or booster seat is manufactured or imported.
(2) If the records referred to in subsection (1) are maintained by a person on behalf of the company, the company must keep the name and address of the person.
Marginal note:Request by inspector
(3) At the request in writing of an inspector, a company must send to the inspector a copy of the records referred to in subsection (1), in either official language, within 30 working days after the day on which the request is mailed.
Marginal note:Information card
107. (1) For the purpose of maintaining the registration system referred to in paragraph 5(1)(h) of the Act, a company must provide to each person who purchases a restraint system or booster seat an information card, in both official languages, that
(a) permits the purchaser to provide to the company or to a duly authorized representative of the company, at no cost, the purchaser’s name, mailing address and email address, the model name and number of the restraint system or booster seat, the date of purchase and the date of manufacture; and
(b) includes a safety message concerning the importance of providing the information.
Marginal note:Information to be included in registration system
(2) The registration system maintained by a company in accordance with paragraph 5(1)(h) of the Act must consist of the information provided to the company under paragraph (1)(a), and that information must be used only for the purposes of paragraph 5(1)(h) of the Act.
Marginal note:Minimum retention period
(3) The information in the registration system maintained by a company in relation to a restraint system or booster seat must be kept for at least five years after the day on which the restraint system or booster seat is purchased.
- Date modified: