Marginal note:Warning — air bag
317. (1) Every infant restraint system must bear the air bag warning label shown in Schedule 6, and the label must conform to the requirements of that schedule.
(2) The label referred to in subsection (1) must be affixed in a permanent manner at either of the following locations and be fully visible to a person installing the restraint system:
(a) on the side of the restraint system that will face the right front passenger door when the restraint system is facing rearward; or
(b) at the location where the infant’s head would rest or adjacent to that location.
Marginal note:Installation instructions
318. (1) Every infant restraint system must be accompanied by printed instructions, in both official languages, that set out a step-by-step procedure, including diagrams, for
(a) installing and securing the restraint system in a vehicle;
(b) installing the restraint system in an aircraft passenger seat referred to in subsection 2.1.2 of Test Method 213.1;
(c) positioning an infant in the restraint system; and
(d) adjusting every part of the restraint system that is designed to restrain the infant.
(2) The instructions referred to in paragraph (1)(a) must state that the restraint system, even when unoccupied, must be firmly secured to the vehicle.
(3) The instructions must
(a) specify the classes of vehicles, the seating positions and the types of vehicle seat belts with which the restraint system may or may not be used;
(b) specify that the restraint system may be used with a lower universal anchorage system;
(c) if the restraint system has a means of automatically repositioning the seating surface, specify that the ability of the restraint system to change position must not be impeded;
(d) explain the primary consequences of not following the warnings appearing on the restraint system; and
(e) if the restraint system is manufactured with a removable base and the seating component of the restraint system is designed to be used in a vehicle with or without the base, specify whether the restraint system must be used with or without the base when the restraint system is installed in an aircraft passenger seat.
Marginal note:Storage of instructions
(4) Every infant restraint system must have a place for the storage of instructions.
CMVSS 213.2 — BOOSTER SEATS
400. In this Part,““Test Method 213.2” means Test Method 213.2 — Booster Seats (January 2010), published by the Department of Transport.
- Date modified: