Marginal note:Format for submission
34. Any report to be submitted under these Regulations must be submitted electronically in the format provided by the Minister, but the report must be submitted in writing if
(a) no such format is provided; or
(b) it is, owing to circumstances beyond the control of the person required to submit the report, impracticable to submit the report electronically in the format provided.
Marginal note:Low volume manufactures or importers
35. (1) The company referred to in section 14 must submit to the Minister a declaration signed by a person who is authorized to act on behalf of the company no later than the first of the following dates:
(a) 30 days before the day on which the first vehicle of the model year was offered for sale following the last three model years for which the average was calculated; and
(b) December 31 of the calendar year preceding the calendar year corresponding to the vehicle’s model year.
Marginal note:Contents of declaration
(2) The declaration must contain the following information:
(a) the total number for each of the 2008 and 2009 model years of passenger vehicles and light trucks manufactured or imported for sale in Canada; and
(b) the total number of passenger vehicles and light trucks manufactured or imported for sale in Canada for the three most recent consecutive model years.
Evidence of Conformity
Marginal note:Evidence of conformity
36. (1) In the case of a vehicle that is covered by an EPA certificate and that is sold concurrently in Canada and the United States, evidence of conformity for the purpose of paragraph 153(1)(b) of the Act in respect of a company must consist of
(a) a copy of the EPA certificate covering the vehicle;
(b) a document demonstrating that vehicles covered by the EPA certificate are sold concurrently in Canada and the United States;
(c) a copy of the records submitted to the EPA in support of the application for the issuance of the EPA certificate in respect of the vehicle; and
(d) a U.S. emission control information label that is permanently affixed to the vehicle in the form and location set out in section 1807 of Title 40, chapter I, subchapter C, part 86, subpart S, of the CFR, for the applicable model year.
Marginal note:U.S. control information label
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), the U.S. emission control information label may be permanently affixed to the vehicle in any other form and location that may be specified in Title 40, chapter I, subchapter C, part 86, of the CFR.
Marginal note:Vehicles not sold in the United States
37. (1) For the purpose of paragraph 153(1)(b) of the Act, a company must obtain and produce evidence of conformity for a vehicle other than one referred to in subsection 36(1) in a form and manner satisfactory to the Minister, instead of as specified in that subsection.
Marginal note:Time of submission
(2) For greater certainty, a company must submit the evidence of conformity to the Minister before importing a vehicle or applying a national emissions mark to it.
- Date modified: