Marginal note:Ferry security officer
39. The operator of a domestic ferry shall ensure that a ferry security officer is on board each domestic ferry that it operates.
Restricted Area Passes and Keys
Marginal note:Responsibility of operator
40. (1) An operator shall issue a restricted area pass or key for controlling access to restricted areas established by the operator.
Marginal note:Conditions for issuance
(2) An operator may issue a restricted area pass or key only to a person
(a) who requires access to a restricted area in the performance of their duties; and
(b) who is known to the operator or whose identity has been confirmed by valid government-issued photo identification.
Content of Restricted Area Pass
Marginal note:Required information
41. A restricted area pass shall
(a) show the name, height and eye colour of the person to whom the pass has been issued, a clear photograph of the person’s head and shoulders, and an expiry date that does not exceed five years after the date of issue; or
(b) contain an expiry date or other information to indicate the period during which access is required, and sufficient information to allow the identification of the pass holder.
Use of Restricted Area Pass
Marginal note:Pass to be displayed
42. (1) The holder of a restricted area pass shall, when entering or remaining in a restricted area, display the pass on their outer clothing and above their waist with their photo visible at all times.
Marginal note:No personal use
(2) The holder of a restricted area pass or key shall not use the restricted area pass or key except in the performance of their duties.
Restricted Area Pass Restrictions
43. No person shall
(a) provide false information for the purpose of obtaining a restricted area pass or key;
(b) loan or give a restricted area pass or key to a person other than the individual to whom it was issued;
(c) have or use a restricted area pass or key that was issued to another person;
(d) alter or otherwise modify a restricted area pass or key;
(e) use a counterfeit restricted area pass or key; or
(f) reproduce a restricted area pass or key unless authorized to do so by the operator who issued the pass or key.
Loss or Theft of Restricted Area Pass or Key
Marginal note:Report of theft or loss
44. (1) The holder of a restricted area pass or key that is lost or stolen shall immediately report its loss or theft to the operator who issued the pass or key.
Marginal note:Blocking of lost or stolen key
(2) The operator shall immediately prevent the use of a restricted area pass or key upon being notified of its loss or theft.
- Date modified: