9. (1) No person shall
(a) park a vehicle outside a parking area; or
(b) stop a vehicle outside a parking area in order to load or unload persons or goods except where it is permitted by a sign.
(2) No person shall park or stop a vehicle in a manner that obstructs traffic.
(3) Despite subsections (1) and (2), an airport operator may authorize a person to park or stop a vehicle in a place where there is no sign authorizing the parking or stopping of vehicles, subject to any conditions that are necessary to ensure the safety of persons and goods and the efficient operation of the airport.
(4) An airport operator may move and store in a suitable place a vehicle that has been parked or stopped in contravention of this Part or of a notice prohibiting that vehicle from entering or parking on airport property.
- SOR/2009-123, s. 2.
10. (1) An airport operator may issue or authorize the issuance of a permit in respect of the parking of a vehicle in a specified parking area and may, in respect of the permit, specify a period of validity and any conditions necessary for the safety of persons and goods and the efficient operation of the airport.
(2) An airport operator may revoke a permit if the permit holder fails to comply with a condition of the permit.
11. No person shall park a vehicle in a parking area reserved for permit holders unless the person holds a permit authorizing them to park in that area and they park the vehicle in accordance with the conditions of the permit.
12. (1) No person shall park a vehicle in a parking area where parking spaces are marked so as to wholly or partially occupy more than one space.
(2) No person shall park a vehicle in a parking area
(a) during the hours within which parking is prohibited in the parking area; or
(b) for a period greater than that indicated on a sign or greater than that for which a fee has been paid.
(3) No person shall park a vehicle in a parking area reserved
(a) subject to paragraph (b), for a certain person or a specified class of person or vehicle unless the person is the person or a person of the specified class or is operating a vehicle of the specified class; or
(b) for persons with disabilities unless the vehicle is identified by a sign issued by a government agency responsible for such signs as a vehicle used for the transport of a person with a disability and a person with a disability is using the vehicle at the time.
13. The operator of a vehicle shall, at the request of an enforcement officer authorized under section 21, produce
(a) any permit issued by the airport operator under this Part;
(b) any licence or permit authorizing them to operate the vehicle;
(c) any certificate of registration of the vehicle under the person’s control; and
(d) any other certificate required in respect of the vehicle by the laws of the province and the municipality in which the airport is located.
- Date modified: