8. Section 7 does not apply to documents submitted under subsections 103(1) or 104(1) of the Act or under sections 19 or 54, subsections 92(1) or 93(1) or section 104.
Marginal note:Document received after 4:00 p.m.
9. (1) Subject to subsection (2), if a document is received by the Executive Director after 4:00 p.m. local time, the date of receipt of the document is the day next following that is not a Saturday or a holiday.
Marginal note:Receipt of document sent by courier
(2) If a document is sent by courier addressed to the Executive Director, the document is received on the date on which it is sent.
Marginal note:Computation of time
10. If the time limit, under these Regulations, for the filing or presentation of a document expires on a Saturday or a holiday, the document may be filed on the day next following that is not a Saturday or a holiday.
11. (1) The person who initiated a proceeding before the Board, the Chairperson or an adjudicator may withdraw the proceeding in person at the hearing or by providing the Executive Director with a notice of withdrawal in writing at any time before a decision is made.
Marginal note:Closing of file
(2) On being informed by the Board, the Chairperson or an adjudicator of the withdrawal or on receipt of the notice of withdrawal, the Executive Director shall close the file and inform the parties, the intervenors and, if notice to the Canadian Human Rights Commission was given under subsection 210(1), 217(1) or 222(1) of the Act, the Canadian Human Rights Commission that the file has been closed.
Marginal note:Extension or reduction of time
12. Despite any other provision of these Regulations, the Board may, with respect to any Board matter,
(a) in the interest of fairness, extend the time specified by these Regulations, or allow for additional time, to do any act or file any notice or any document; or
(b) if a matter is urgent, on notice to all parties, reduce the time specified by these Regulations to do any act or file any notice or any document.
13. To ensure the expeditious resolution of proceedings, the Board may direct that the following proceedings be consolidated and may issue directions in respect of the conduct of the consolidated proceeding:
(a) any two or more proceedings before the Board; or
(b) if a panel before which a proceeding is brought consists of one member and that member is the adjudicator in a grievance referred to adjudication, the proceeding and the grievance.
Marginal note:Addition of party or intervenor
14. (1) Any person with a substantial interest in a proceeding before the Board may apply to the Board to be added as a party or an intervenor.
(2) The Board may, after giving the parties the opportunity to make representations in respect of the application, add the person as a party or an intervenor.
- Date modified: