(Subsection 2(2) and section 6)
INFORMATION RESPECTING POLYMERS AND BIOPOLYMERS THAT ARE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT SUBSTANCES, CONTAINED SITE-LIMITED INTERMEDIATE SUBSTANCES OR CONTAINED EXPORT-ONLY SUBSTANCES
1. The type of substance: research and development substance, contained site-limited intermediate substance or contained export-only substance.
2. The new substances pre-notification consultation number if it has been assigned, and if known.
3. The chemical name of the polymer, established in accordance with the chemical nomenclature rules of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry or the Chemical Abstracts Service.
4. The trade names of the polymer and the synonyms of its chemical name, if known.
5. The CAS registry number of the polymer, if such a number can be assigned.
6. The molecular formula of the polymer.
7. The structural formula of the polymer, if possible, or else a partial structural formula.
8. For contained site-limited intermediate substances and contained export-only substances:
(a) its number average molecular weight (Mn); and
(b) the maximum concentrations, expressed as a percentage, of all residual constituents having molecular weights of less than 500 daltons and of all residual constituents having molecular weights of less than 1 000 daltons.
9. For research and development substances, the target number average molecular weight (Mn) of the polymer.
10. The known impurities present and their concentration by weight.
11. The composition of the polymer including constituents — such as monomers and other reactants, additives, stabilizers and solvents — which constituents are present when the polymer is tested, and their concentration by weight.
12. A material safety data sheet in respect of the polymer, if available.
13. The physical state of the polymer.
14. Whether the polymer is formulated for dispersal in water.
15. The following exposure information respecting the polymer:
(a) the anticipated annual quantity to be manufactured, if applicable;
(b) the anticipated annual quantity to be imported, if applicable;
(c) the anticipated uses;
(d) its anticipated concentration in products and, if known, in end-use products;
(e) a description of the expected modes for its transportation and storage;
(f) a description of the size and type of container used for its transportation and storage;
(g) an identification of the components of the environment into which it is anticipated to be released;
(h) its anticipated releases into municipal wastewater systems;
(i) a description of the methods recommended for its destruction or disposal;
(j) whether the public is anticipated to be significantly exposed to the polymer in a product taking into account factors including its concentration, duration, frequency and circumstances of exposure and factors that may limit direct human exposure and, if not, information substantiating that the public is not anticipated to be significantly exposed; and
(k) for site-limited intermediate substances, the location of use.
16. A summary of all other information and test data in respect of the polymer that are in the possession of the manufacturer or importer or to which they ought to have access and that are relevant to identifying hazards to the environment and human health and the degree of environmental and public exposure to the polymer.
17. The identification of the other government agencies, either outside or within Canada, that the person has notified of the manufacture or importation of the polymer and, if known, the agency’s file number, the outcome of the assessment and the risk management actions imposed by those agencies.
- Date modified: