35. (1) A site licence expires on the first anniversary of the day on which it was issued unless it is renewed in accordance with section 36.
(2) A site licence that is renewed in accordance with section 36 expires on the day on which the renewal period ends unless the licence is further renewed in accordance with section 36.
36. (1) The Minister shall renew a site licence if
(a) the licensee submits a request to renew the licence to the Minister no later than 30 days before the day on which the licence expires;
(b) the licensee provides the Minister with all additional information requested under section 37; and
(c) the renewal of the licence is not likely to result in injury to the health of a purchaser or consumer.
(2) If the Minister renews a site licence, the Minister shall renew it for a period of
(a) one year, if on the next anniversary of the day on which the licence was issued, the licensee will have held the licence for a period of less than three years;
(b) two years, if on the next anniversary of the day on which the licence was issued, the licensee will have held the licence for a period of at least three years but less than nine years; or
(c) three years, if on the next anniversary of the day on which the licence was issued, the licensee will have held the licence for a period of nine years or more.
(3) A site licence renewal becomes effective on the day after the anniversary of the day on which the licence was issued.
37. If the information and documents submitted in respect of an application under section 28, an application for amendment under subsection 32(2) or a request for renewal under section 36 are insufficient to enable the Minister to determine whether the licence should be issued, amended or renewed, as the case may be, the Minister may request that the applicant provide the Minister with such additional information as is necessary to make the determination.
Relinquishment of Authorization
38. (1) A licensee may, by amendment of the site licence, relinquish any part of the authorization given to the licensee under this Part.
(2) An application to amend the site licence for the purposes of subsection (1) shall be submitted to the Minister and shall contain the following information and documents:
(a) a document, signed and dated by the licensee, that sets out the site licence number and that specifies each activity or, by address, each building, in respect of which the authorization is requested to be relinquished; and
(b) an attestation, signed and dated by a quality assurance person, stating that after the relinquishment, the buildings, equipment, practices and procedures used in respect of each activity conducted by the licensee will remain in compliance with the requirements set out in Part 3.
(3) The Minister shall amend the site licence as requested by the licensee in paragraph (2)(a) if the licensee provides the Minister with an application that is in accordance with subsection (2).
- Date modified: