(Paragraphs 34(4)(a) and (d) and (5)(a) and (d))
INFORMATION TO BE INCLUDED IN AN APPLICATION FOR A TRANSITIONAL AUTHORIZATION
1. The name, address and telephone number of the applicant.
2. The name, position title, telephone number, facsimile number and E-mail address of a contact person.
3. The name, mailing address and geographic location of the mine.
4. A general description of the mining operation with details of the parts of the operation for which the application is made.
5. A site plan showing the location of the main mining and milling facilities, the effluent treatment facilities and all the final discharge points.
6. All available pH data and data related to the monthly mean concentrations of the deleterious substances set out in column 1 of Schedule 4 in the effluent for which the application is made for the one-year period immediately preceding the date of application.
7. The effluent flow rate at each final discharge point.
8. The available results of all acute lethality tests related to the effluent for which the application is made for the one-year period immediately preceding the date of application.
9. Plans, specifications and other information on the design and capability of the effluent treatment process in place at the mine on the date of application.
10. Based on the best available information at the time of application, a description of the facilities and procedures that are necessary to produce a non-acutely lethal effluent that complies with the authorized limits of the substances set out in column 1 of Schedule 4.
11. A proposed schedule for the construction of the facilities and implementation of the procedures.
12. The details of any effluent monitoring results related to fish, fish habitat or the human use of fish that are known to the operator.
13. A signed statement indicating whether there is a law in the jurisdiction where the mine is located, and the identification of that law, that requires the mine to produce
(a) a non-acutely lethal effluent;
(b) an effluent containing a deleterious substance in a concentration that is equal to or less than the limits set out in Schedule 4; or
(c) an effluent with a pH equal to or greater than 6.0 but not greater than 9.5.
14. Any further information that is required to support the application.
STATEMENT OF CERTIFICATION
I certify that the information provided under Part 1 of Schedule 7 to the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations was prepared by persons with sufficient knowledge to evaluate the information. I further certify, based on my reasonable inquiry of the persons responsible for making the determination, that the information submitted is true, accurate and complete.
Signature : (operator, owner or their authorized representative)
- SOR/2006-239, s. 36(F).
- Date modified: