27. (1) A person mentioned in subsection 26(1) who is seeking a personal-use production licence shall submit an application to the Minister.
(2) The application must include
(a) a declaration by the applicant; and
(b) if the proposed production site is not the applicant’s ordinary place of residence and is not owned by the applicant, a declaration dated and signed by the owner of the site consenting to the production of marihuana at the site.
(3) The application may not be made jointly with another person.
- SOR/2007-207, s. 6(E).
28. (1) The declaration of the applicant under paragraph 27(2)(a) must indicate
(a) the applicant’s name, date of birth and gender;
(b) the full address of the place where the applicant ordinarily resides as well as the applicant’s telephone number and, if applicable, facsimile transmission number and e-mail address;
(c) the mailing address of the place referred to in paragraph (b), if different;
(d) if the applicant is the holder of an authorization to possess, the number of the authorization;
(e) the full address of the site where the proposed production of marihuana is to be conducted;
(f) the proposed production area;
(g) if the proposed production area involves outdoor production entirely or partly indoor and partly outdoor production, that the production site is not adjacent to a school, public playground, day care facility or other public place frequented mainly by persons under 18 years of age;
(h) that the dried marihuana will be kept indoors and indicating whether it is proposed to keep it at
(i) the proposed production site, or
(ii) the ordinary place of residence of the applicant, if different; and
(i) a description of the security measures that will be implemented at the proposed production site and the proposed site where dried marihuana will be kept.
(2) The declaration must be dated and signed by the applicant and attest that the information contained in it is correct and complete.
Issuance of Licence
29. (1) Subject to section 32, if the requirements of sections 27 and 28 are met, the Minister shall issue a personal-use production licence to the applicant.
(2) The licence shall indicate
(a) the name, date of birth and gender of the holder of the licence;
(b) the full address of the place where the holder of the licence ordinarily resides;
(c) the licence number;
(d) the full address of the site where the production of marihuana is authorized;
(e) the authorized production area;
(f) the maximum number of marihuana plants that may be under production at the production site at any time;
(g) the full address of the site where the dried marihuana may be kept;
(h) the maximum quantity of dried marihuana, in grams, that may be kept at the site authorized under paragraph (g) at any time;
(i) the date of issue; and
(j) the date of expiry.
- SOR/2007-207, s. 7(E).
- Date modified: