20. (1) Subject to subsection (2), if an application complies with section 19, the Minister shall amend the authorization to possess.
(2) The Minister shall refuse to amend an authorization to possess for any reason referred to in section 12.
- SOR/2005-177, s. 13.
21. (1) If an authorization to possess is amended with respect to the name or address of the holder of the authorization, the Minister shall, if applicable, amend the licence to produce that was issued on the basis of the authorization.
(2) If an application is submitted on or before September 30, 2013 to amend an authorization to possess to increase the daily amount of dried marihuana specified in the authorization and the authorization is consequently amended, the Minister shall, if applicable, amend the licence to produce that was issued on the basis of the authorization to reflect the change in
(a) the maximum number of marihuana plants that the holder of the licence may produce in accordance with paragraph 29(2)(f) or 40(2)(g); and
(b) the maximum quantity of dried marihuana that the holder of the licence may keep in accordance with paragraph 29(2)(h) or 40(2)(i).
(3) For greater certainty, the Minister shall not amend the licence to produce in the manner referred to in subsection (2) if the application is submitted after September 30, 2013.
- SOR/2005-177, s. 13;
- SOR/2013-119, s. 233.
22. [Repealed, SOR/2005-177, s. 13]
Providing Assistance to Holder
23. While in the presence of the holder of an authorization to possess and providing assistance in the administration of marihuana to the holder, the person providing the assistance may, for the purpose of providing the assistance, possess a quantity of dried marihuana not exceeding an amount equal to the maximum quantity of dried marihuana the holder is authorized to possess as set out in the authorization to possess, divided by 30.
- SOR/2005-177, s. 14.
PART 2LICENCE TO PRODUCE
Personal-use Production Licence
24. The holder of a personal-use production licence is authorized to produce and keep marihuana, in accordance with the licence, for the medical purpose of the holder.
Eligibility for Licence
25. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a person is eligible to be issued a personal-use production licence only if the person is an individual who ordinarily resides in Canada and who has reached 18 years of age.
(2) If a personal-use production licence is revoked under paragraph 63(2)(b), the person who was the holder of the licence is ineligible to be issued another personal-use production licence during the period of 10 years after the revocation,
- SOR/2007-207, s. 4(E).
Application for Licence
26. (1) An application for a personal-use production licence shall be considered only if it is submitted on or before September 30, 2013 and is made by a person who
(a) is the holder of an authorization to possess on the basis of which the licence is applied for; or
(b) is not the holder of an authorization to possess, but either has applied for an authorization to possess or is applying for an authorization to possess concurrently with the licence application.
(2) If paragraph (1)(b) applies, the Minister must grant or refuse the application for an authorization before considering the licence application.
- SOR/2007-207, s. 5(E);
- SOR/2013-119, s. 234.
- Date modified: