13.1 (1) For the purpose of paragraph 11(2)(h), the reference date that is to be indicated on an authorization to possess is the date that is 12 months after the date of issue of the authorization or, if a shorter period is specified in the application for the authorization under paragraph 6(1)(d), the date on which that period ends.
(2) The “shorter period” referred to in subsection (1) begins on the date of issue of the authorization to possess.
- SOR/2013-119, s. 232.
Renewal of Authorization to Possess
14. (1) An application to renew an authorization to possess shall be made to the Minister by the holder of the authorization and must include
(a) the authorization number; and
(b) the material required under sections 4 to 10.
(2) For the purpose of paragraph (1)(b), a photograph referred to in paragraph 4(2)(c) is required only with every fifth renewal application.
- SOR/2003-387, s. 7;
- SOR/2005-177, s. 10.
15. and 16. [Repealed, SOR/2005-177, s. 11]
17. Subject to section 18, if an application complies with section 14, the Minister shall renew the authorization to possess for the medical purpose mentioned in the application.
18. The Minister shall refuse to renew an authorization to possess for any reason referred to in section 12.
- SOR/2005-177, s. 12.
Amendment of Authorization to Possess
19. (1) An application to amend an authorization to possess shall be made to the Minister by the holder of the authorization when a change occurs with respect to
(a) the holder’s name;
(b) the holder’s address of ordinary residence or mailing address; or
(c) the daily amount of dried marihuana if the new amount requires an increase in the maximum quantity of dried marihuana, in grams, that the holder may possess at any time.
(2) The application must include
(a) the authorization number and, if applicable, the licence number of the licence to produce that has been issued on the basis of the authorization;
(b) the requested amendment;
(c) in the case of a change under paragraph (1)(a), proof of the change; and
(d) in the case of a change under paragraph (1)(c),
(i) a statement containing the information required under paragraph 6(1)(c), signed and dated by the medical practitioner who made the medical declaration under paragraph 4(2)(b), and
(ii) if the new daily amount is more than five grams, the statement required under paragraph 5(1)(i), signed and dated by the applicant.
- SOR/2005-177, s. 13.
- Date modified: