54.1 [Repealed, SOR/2010-63, s. 2]
55. The holder of a licence to produce may keep dried marihuana only indoors at the site authorized in the licence for that purpose.
56. [Repealed, SOR/2003-387, s. 12]
57. (1) To verify that the production of marihuana is in conformity with these Regulations and a licence to produce, an inspector may, at any reasonable time, enter any place where the inspector believes on reasonable grounds that marihuana is being produced or kept by the holder of the licence to produce, and may, for that purpose,
(a) open and examine any receptacle or package found there that could contain marihuana;
(b) examine anything found there that is used or may be capable of being used to produce or keep marihuana;
(c) examine any records, electronic data or other documents found there dealing with marihuana, other than records dealing with the medical condition of a person, and make copies or take extracts;
(d) use, or cause to be used, any computer system found there to examine electronic data referred to in paragraph (c);
(e) reproduce, or cause to be reproduced, any document from electronic data referred to in paragraph (c) in the form of a printout or other output;
(f) take any document or output referred to in paragraph (c) or (e) for examination or copying;
(g) examine any substance found there and, for the purpose of analysis, take samples, as reasonably required; and
(h) seize and detain, in accordance with Part IV of the Act, any substance found there, if the inspector believes, on reasonable grounds, that it is necessary.
(2) An inspector may not enter a dwelling-place without the consent of an occupant of the dwelling-place.
(3) An inspector who seizes marihuana shall take such measures as are reasonable in the circumstances to give to the owner or other person in charge of the place where the seizure occurred notice of the seizure and of the location where the seized marihuana is being kept or stored.
(4) If an inspector determines that the detention of marihuana seized under paragraph (1)(h) is no longer necessary to ensure compliance with these Regulations, the inspector shall notify in writing the owner or other person in charge of the place where the seizure occurred of that determination and, on being issued a receipt for the marihuana, shall return it to that person.
- SOR/2007-207, s. 19.
PART 3GENERAL OBLIGATIONS
58. (1) On demand, the holder of an authorization to possess must show proof of their authority to possess dried marihuana to a police officer.
(2) On demand, the holder of a licence to produce must show the licence to a police officer.
- SOR/2005-177, s. 24(E).
- Date modified: