Marginal note:Verification of identity
5. Every person who is requested to fill an order or a prescription for a targeted substance must verify in a reasonable manner the identity of the person who gave the order or issued the prescription if
(a) the signature on the order or prescription is not known to the person; or
(b) the order or prescription is verbal and the person placing it is not known to the person.
6. Subject to section 59, a person licensed or otherwise authorized under these Regulations to deal in a targeted substance must store the targeted substance in the place used for the purpose of conducting their business or professional practice and in the area in that place where only authorized employees have access, except where the targeted substance is for the person’s own use or for the benefit of another person or animal under their care.
Marginal note:Security and reporting loss or theft
7. (1) The following persons must take any steps that are necessary to ensure the security of a targeted substance in their possession and any licence or permit in their possession with respect to a targeted substance and must, not later than 10 days after discovery, report to the Minister any loss or theft of a targeted substance or of a licence or permit:
(a) a licensed dealer;
(b) a pharmacist;
(c) a practitioner;
(d) the person in charge of a hospital;
(e) a person to whom an exemption has been granted under section 56 of the Act; and
(f) a person who, pursuant to a permit issued under Part 7, is responsible for the targeted substance while it is in transit or in transhipment in Canada.
Marginal note:Security of codes
(2) Every person who has issued or been issued an identifying code referred to in subsections 27(6) and (7) of the Narcotic Control Regulations must
(a) take any steps that are necessary to ensure the security of the code; and
(b) report to the Minister, not later than 10 days after discovery, any loss or theft of the code, a machine that is capable of producing a code or a document that discloses the code.
Marginal note:Alteration prohibited
8. A person must not make any mark on or alter or deface in any manner any licence, permit or registration number issued under these Regulations.
Marginal note:Retention of information
9. The information or records required by these Regulations must be kept for a period of at least two years after
(a) in the case of information, the day that the information was obtained; and
(b) in the case of a record, the day that the last transaction was recorded on the record.
- Date modified: