Quality Assurance Program for Packages, Special Form Radioactive Material and Low Dispersible Radioactive Material
13. Every person who designs, produces, tests, uses, inspects, maintains or repairs a package, special form radioactive material or low dispersible radioactive material shall
(a) implement and maintain a written quality assurance program in accordance with paragraph 310 of the IAEA Regulations;
(b) keep a record of the program and of any information collected under the program; and
(c) retain the record of information collected under the program for the period ending two years after the date on which the package is removed from service.
- SOR/2003-405, s. 16.
Registration of Use of Packages
14. (1) No person shall use a package of a certified design unless they have received confirmation from the Commission that their use of the package has been registered by the Commission.
(2) The Commission shall register a person’s use of a package of a certified design after receiving the following information from the person:
(a) the person’s name, address, telephone number and fax number;
(b) the name of a person who can be contacted for transport purposes;
(c) the number of any licence that the person holds in respect of the contents of the package;
(d) the number of any approval issued by a foreign competent authority in accordance with the applicable process specified in the IAEA Regulations;
(e) [Repealed, SOR/2003-405, s. 17]
(f) the design number and serial number for the package; and
(g) a statement confirming that the person possesses the instructions necessary to prepare the package for shipment, as set out in the certificate for the package design.
- SOR/2003-405, s. 17.
PACKAGING AND TRANSPORT OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL
(2) Every consignor, other than a consignor of an excepted package, shall act in accordance with paragraphs 550 to 561 of the IAEA Regulations.
(3) Every consignor of an excepted package shall act in accordance with paragraph 554 of the IAEA Regulations.
(4) Every consignor of radioactive material shall advise the consignee that the material is going to be transported.
(5) Every carrier of radioactive material shall act in accordance with paragraphs 562 to 569 and 571 to 580 of the IAEA Regulations.
(6) Every carrier of radioactive material shall transport the material in accordance with the consignor’s instructions.
(7) Every carrier of radioactive material shall implement and maintain work procedures to ensure compliance with these Regulations and shall keep a record of those procedures.
- SOR/2003-405, s. 18.
- Date modified: