Obligations of Licensees
19. Every licensee who operates a dosimetry service shall file with the National Dose Registry of the Department of Health, at a frequency specified in the licence and in a form compatible with the Registry, the following information with respect to each nuclear energy worker for whom it has measured and monitored a dose of radiation:
(a) the worker’s given names, surname and any previous surname;
(b) the worker’s Social Insurance Number;
(c) the worker’s sex;
(d) the worker’s job category;
(e) the date, province and country of birth of the worker;
(f) the amount of exposure of the worker to radon progeny; and
(g) the effective dose and equivalent dose received by and committed to the worker.
LABELLING AND SIGNS
Labelling of Containers and Devices
20. (1) No person shall possess a container or device that contains a radioactive nuclear substance unless the container or device is labelled with
(a) the radiation warning symbol set out in Schedule 3 and the words “RAYONNEMENT — DANGER — RADIATION”; and
(b) the name, quantity, date of measurement and form of the nuclear substance in the container or device.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a container or device
(a) that is an essential component for the operation of the nuclear facility at which it is located;
(b) that is used to hold radioactive nuclear substances for current or immediate use and is under the continuous direct observation of the licensee;
(c) in which the quantity of radioactive nuclear substances is less than or equal to the exemption quantity; or
(d) that is used exclusively for transporting radioactive nuclear substances and labelled in accordance with the Packaging and Transport of Nuclear Substances Regulations.
Posting of Signs at Boundaries and Points of Access
21. Every licensee shall post and keep posted, at the boundary of and at every point of access to an area, room or enclosure, a durable and legible sign that bears the radiation warning symbol set out in Schedule 3 and the words “RAYONNEMENT-DANGER-RADIATION”, if
(a) there is a radioactive nuclear substance in a quantity greater than 100 times its exemption quantity in the area, room or enclosure; or
(b) there is a reasonable probability that a person in the area, room or enclosure will be exposed to an effective dose rate greater than 25 µSv/h.
- SOR/2007-208, s. 9.
Use of Radiation Warning Symbol
22. Whenever the radiation warning symbol set out in Schedule 3 is used,
(a) it shall be
(i) fully visible,
(ii) of a size appropriate for the size of the container or device to which it is affixed or attached, or the area, room or enclosure in respect of which it is posted,
(iii) in the proportions depicted in Schedule 3, and
(iv) oriented with one blade pointed downward and centred on the vertical axis; and
(b) no wording shall be superimposed on it.
- SOR/2007-208, s. 10.
- Date modified: