Binding of transcripts
4.07 Transcripts of evidence for use on an application or preliminary inquiry or at trial shall have a light blue back sheet of cover stock.
Marginal note:Paper Size
4.08 (1) Evidence shall be transcribed on paper 216 mm by 279 mm in size with a margin 25 mm wide on the left side delimited by a vertical line.
(2) The name of the court or, in the case of an examiner, the examiner’s name, title and location shall be stated on a single line not more than 15 mm from the top of the first page and each page, other than the first page, shall be numbered consecutively at the top of each page.
(3) The text shall be typewritten on 30 lines numbered in the margin every fifth line.
(4) Headings, such as “Swearing of a Witness” or “Direct Examination and Cross-examination”, shall be capitalized and separated from the preceding text by the space of a numbered line, and the number of lines of text on the page may be reduced by one for each heading that appears on the page.
(5) Every question shall commence on a new line and shall begin with the designation “Q.” followed, within 10 mm, by the question.
(6) Every answer shall commence on a new line and shall begin with the designation “A.” followed, within 10 mm, by the answer.
(7) The first line of a question or answer shall be indented 35 mm from the margin and be no more than 130 mm in length.
(8) In a transcript of evidence taken in court, every line of a question or answer, other than the first line, shall begin at the margin and be no more than 165 mm in length.
(9) In a transcript of evidence taken out of court, every line of a question or answer, other than the first line, shall begin 15 mm from the margin and be no more than 150 mm in length, and questions shall be numbered consecutively by means of a number placed within the 15 mm to the right of the margin.
(10) Lines of text other than questions and answers shall be indented 35 mm from the margin and be no more than 130 mm in length.
(11) Every transcript of evidence taken in or out of court shall have
(a) a cover page setting out
(i) the name of the court,
(ii) the title of the proceeding,
(iii) the nature of the hearing or examination,
(iv) the place and date of the hearing or examination,
(v) the name of the presiding judge or officer, and
(vi) the names of counsel; and
(b) a table of contents setting out
(i) the name of each witness with the page numbers at which the examination, cross-examination and re-examination of the witness commence,
(ii) the page number at which the reasons for judgment commence,
(iii) a list of the exhibits, with the page number at which they were made exhibits, and
(iv) at the foot of the page, the date the transcript was ordered, the date it was completed and the date the parties were notified of its completion.
- Date modified: