38. [Repealed, SOR/2004-198, s. 18]
Drying of Grain at Licensed Primary Elevators
38.1 (1) Subject to these Regulations, the operator of a licensed primary elevator may dry tough, damp, moist or wet grain at the elevator in accordance with orders of the Commission.
(2) The operator of a licensed primary elevator shall issue an elevator grain drying receipt in a form supplied by the Commission or accepted by the Commission for each load of grain containing excessive moisture delivered to the elevator for artificial drying.
(3) The holder of the drying receipt may surrender the receipt to the operator and take from the operator any other appropriate receipts that the circumstances require or take delivery of the grain.
- SOR/2002-255, s. 12.
Cleaning of Grain
39. (1) If, in accordance with section 63 of the Act, grain is lawfully offered for storage at a licensed primary elevator and a request is made that it be cleaned, the elevator receipt that is required to be issued under that section shall be a combined primary elevator receipt in Form 7 of Schedule 4, endorsed as follows:
“To be cleaned before being shipped or settled for.”
(2) The holder of the elevator receipt shall surrender it after the grain is cleaned, and the operator of the licensed primary elevator shall then issue the appropriate primary elevator receipt or cash purchase ticket for the grain, adjusted to the grade and quantity of the grain after cleaning.
(3) If grain that is delivered for cleaning is returned to the owner of the grain, the operator of the licensed primary elevator shall issue a cleaning receipt for the grain, in a form acceptable to the Commission.
- SOR/79-543, s. 1;
- SOR/89-376, ss. 10(F), 14(F), 18(F);
- SOR/96-508, s. 26;
- SOR/2000-213, s. 2;
- SOR/2003-284, s. 18;
- SOR/2004-198, s. 19.
Shipment of Grain from a Licensed Primary Elevator
40. (1) The operator of a licensed primary elevator shall issue all shipping bills for grain shipped from the elevator and shall notify of each shipment any persons that the holder of a primary elevator receipt directs.
(2) If grain is shipped from a licensed primary elevator, the operator of the elevator shall, on request from the holder of the primary elevator receipts in respect of the grain, give the holder particulars as to the grain shipped.
(3) If a conveyance is supplied at a licensed primary elevator on the application of any person other than the operator of the elevator, the operator shall not load into that conveyance any grain other than
(a) in the case of specially binned grain, grain offered by that person; or
(b) in the case of grain other than specially binned grain,
(i) grain offered by that person, or
(ii) grain that is of the same kind, grade and quantity as the grain referred to in the elevator receipts surrendered by that person.
- SOR/89-376, ss. 11(F), 12(F), 14(F), 15(F), 18(F);
- SOR/93-24, s. 4;
- SOR/96-508, ss. 27, 61(F);
- SOR/2000-213, s. 2;
- SOR/2003-284, s. 19(F).
- Date modified: