53. Subject to this Part, the owner of equipment used at airports shall register that equipment each year in accordance with this Part.
54. No person shall operate any equipment at an airport unless that equipment has been registered in accordance with this Part.
55. Sections 53 and 54 do not apply to equipment operated exclusively on airport areas leased from the Department by the owner of the equipment.
56. (1) Applications for the registration of equipment shall be made in the form prescribed by the Minister and delivered together with the fees prescribed by this Part to the airport manager at the airport at which the equipment is to be used.
(2) On receipt of the application and fees described in subsection (1), the airport manager may, if he is of the opinion that the equipment for which registration is applied for can be safely operated at the airport, issue a registration certificate for that equipment.
57. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the annual registration fee payable in respect of any motor vehicle or mobile device used in the direct fuelling or defuelling of aircraft shall be $15 or the amount obtained by multiplying the gross weight of the equipment, calculated in kilograms, by $0.033, whichever is the greater amount.
(2) Where any equipment is registered after June 30th in any registration year, the fee shall be one-half of the fee prescribed by subsection (1).
58. (1) Where equipment registered at any airport is replaced by other equipment of a similar kind, there shall be paid to the airport manager of that airport
(a) if the other equipment is of an equivalent or lower gross weight than the equipment replaced, a registration fee of $5; or
(b) if the other equipment is of a greater gross weight than the equipment being replaced, a registration fee equal to the amount obtained by multiplying the difference between the gross weight of the equipment being replaced and the other equipment, calculated in kilograms, by $0.033.
(2) The registration certificate for any equipment that is being replaced at an airport shall be surrendered to the airport manager of that airport.
59. Where equipment registered under this Part is sold or transferred, the new owner of the equipment shall, before operating the equipment at an airport, notify the airport manager of that airport, and the airport manager may,
(a) on payment of a fee of $5 by the new owner,
(b) on surrender of the registration certificate previously issued for that equipment to the previous owner, and
(c) upon being satisfied that the equipment may be safely operated at the airport,
issue a new registration certificate for the equipment.
60. Where a certificate of registration for any equipment is lost, a duplicate certificate may be issued by the airport manager on payment of a fee of $5.
- Date modified: