3. (1) These Regulations apply in respect of fishing in the Canadian fisheries waters off the Yukon Territory and in the waters of the Yukon Territory other than the waters of a National Park of Canada located in that Territory.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in these Regulations, these Regulations, other than subsections (1) and 9(3) and — to the extent that they relate to a contravention of subsection 9(3) — sections 10 and 11, do not apply with respect to fishing and related activities carried out under the authority of a licence issued under the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations.
- SOR/82-875, s. 2;
- SOR/93-60, s. 2(F);
- SOR/2002-225, s. 2;
- SOR/2003-339, s. 2.
LICENCES AND CONSERVATION CARDS — GENERAL
4. (1) Subject to subsection (3), section 4.1 and subsection 5.1(1), no person shall fish, engage in fish farming or hold a derby except under the authority of a licence issued under these Regulations, the Fishery (General) Regulations or the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations.
(2) Subject to subsection 6(14.1), on receipt of an application for a licence and, where applicable, a Salmon Conservation Catch Card as set out in column I of an item of Schedule III, together with the applicable fee set out in column II of that item, the Minister may issue the licence or the Salmon Conservation Catch Card.
(3) A person under 16 years of age may engage in angling without a licence if the person
(a) is a Yukon resident; or
(b) is accompanied by a person who is the holder of an angling licence or a sport fishing licence issued under these Regulations.
(4) All fish caught by a person under 16 years of age shall be counted as part of the catch of the licence holder referred to in paragraph 3(b).
(5) The person under 16 years of age referred to in subsection (3) shall, at the request of a fishery officer or fishery guardian, produce proof of age.
- SOR/82-875, s. 3;
- SOR/87-439, s. 2;
- SOR/89-155, s. 2;
- SOR/92-444, s. 2;
- SOR/93-60, s. 3;
- SOR/93-339, s. 2;
- SOR/94-269, s. 2;
- SOR/99-98, s. 2;
- SOR/2003-339, s. 3;
- SOR/2008-152, s. 1.
NATIONAL FISHING WEEK
4.1 (1) A Yukon resident may engage in angling without a licence
(a) during the period that begins on the last Friday in June and ends at midnight on the Monday immediately following that Friday, if July 1 falls within that period; or
(b) during the period that begins on the first Friday in July and ends at midnight on the Monday immediately following that Friday, if July 1 does not fall within the period referred to in paragraph (a).
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to angling by a participant in a derby.
(3) A person engaged in angling without a licence during a period referred to in subsection (1) shall, at the request of a fishery officer or fishery guardian, produce proof that the person is a Yukon resident.
- SOR/2008-152, s. 2.
- Date modified: