30. No person shall engage in sport fishing while employed as a guide by a person engaged in fishing.
31. (1) No person shall, in any year, sportfish in the Tree River after notice is given by a fishery officer that 700 arctic char have been taken from that river in that year.
(2) No person fishing in the waters of the Tree River shall take away or cause to be taken away from those waters more than two arctic char during any fishing trip.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to an Indian, Inuk or person of mixed blood.
(4) A notice referred to in subsection (1) shall be brought to the attention of the persons affected or likely to be affected by it by one or more of the methods set out in subsection 7(1) of the Fishery (General) Regulations.
- SOR/81-119, s. 7;
- SOR/91-428, s. 4;
- SOR/93-59, s. 15.
32. (1) No person shall engage in spear fishing except while swimming and under authority of a sport fishing licence.
(2) [Repealed, SOR/2003-137, s. 4]
(3) All spears used in spear fishing shall be fastened to the spear gun or to the person operating the spear by a line of adequate strength to withstand without breaking any strain that is likely to be placed on the line while the gun is being operated.
(4) The shaft of every spear referred to in subsection (3) shall be fastened to the spear gun or the person using the spear by a line not exceeding 5 m in length.
(5) No person shall use, as a propellant in a spear gun, any explosive charge or any gas contained in a bottle or cartridge.
- SOR/81-468, s. 5;
- SOR/2003-137, s. 4.
33. No person shall use or be in possession of a gaff while sport fishing.
- SOR/78-369, s. 2.
34. (1) Notwithstanding subsection 7(1) but subject to subsection (2), no person shall use a dip net having a hoop width greater than 1 m in fishing for cisco and suckers.
(2) Any fish of a species other than ciscos and suckers taken by means of a dip net shall be returned to the water immediately.
- SOR/79-485, s. 7;
- SOR/81-468, s. 6;
- SOR/93-59, s. 17(F).
35. No person shall, while sport fishing,
(a) fish in open water with more than a single line or rod and line;
(b) fish through the ice with more than two lines or two rods with lines attached;
(c) have more than two hooks attached to a line; or
(d) leave any line with hooks attached unattended.
36. No person shall engage in sport fishing in ice-covered water if he is more than 50 m from his line.
- SOR/81-468, s. 7.
- Date modified: