24. [Revoked, SOR/93-59, s. 13]
25. Every person who is the holder of a domestic fishing licence shall, upon request by an officer, state the area or areas in which he fished and the species and number of kilograms of fish taken by him during the term of the licence.
- SOR/81-468, s. 4.
26. An officer may mark for identification purposes any fish caught by any person in domestic fishing.
27. (1) Notwithstanding subsection 5(1) and subject to subsection (2), a person may engage in sport fishing without a sport fishing licence if the person is
(a) a Northwest Territories resident or a resident Canadian under the age of 16 years or 65 years of age or over; or
(b) a non-resident under the age of 16 years who is accompanied by a person who holds a sport fishing licence.
(2) No person shall engage in sport fishing
(a) in a special management area without
(i) a sport fishing licence, and
(ii) a special management area fishing licence which has been validated for that special management area; or
(b) in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region without a sport fishing licence which has been validated for the Inuvialuit Settlement Region.
- SOR/91-481, s. 3.
28. (1) Subject to section 38, no person angling or spear-fishing in the waters set out in column II of an item of Schedule VI shall catch and retain in any one day more fish of a species set out in column I of that item than the number set out in column III of that item.
(2) [Revoked, SOR/93-59, s. 14]
(3) [Revoked, SOR/87-508, s. 2]
- SOR/79-485, s. 5;
- SOR/81-119, s. 6;
- SOR/87-508, s. 2;
- SOR/91-428, s. 2;
- SOR/93-59, s. 14.
29. (1) Subject to section 38, no person shall have in their possession at any time more fish of a species set out in column I of Schedule VI taken from the waters set out in column II than the number set out in column IV.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) and subsection 28(1), where a fish has been filleted, two fillets shall be regarded as one fish.
(3) Subject to subsection 38(3), no person shall have in his possession any fish taken by sport fishing at any place other than his permanent residence or transport any such fish unless the fish are
(b) eviscerated; or
(c) filleted with the skin attached.
(4) For the purposes of paragraph (3)(c), fillets shall be separated before being frozen so that the number of fish can be readily determined.
(5) No person shall place, or permit to be placed, in a storage facility any fish taken by sport fishing unless such fish are identified by the name and the sport fishing licence number of the person who caught them.
- SOR/79-485, s. 6;
- SOR/91-428, s. 3;
- SOR/2003-137, s. 3.
- Date modified: