14.2 (1) In this section, “registration” means,
(a) in reference to a vessel, registration under the Canada Shipping Act; and
(b) in reference to a vehicle, registration under the Ordinances of the Northwest Territories.
(2) Every person who applies for a certificate in respect of a vessel or vehicle shall state
(a) the name, the registration or serial number and the size of the vessel or vehicle;
(b) the name of the owner and operator of the vessel or vehicle; and
(c) information relating to all auxiliary vessels or vehicles to be used in conjunction with the vessel or vehicle.
- SOR/79-485, s. 2.
14.3 [Revoked, SOR/93-59, s. 9]
15. (1) [Revoked, SOR/93-59, s. 10]
(2) Every net used in commercial fishing and every gang of nets so used shall be marked at each end
(a) during open water fishing, by a flag that is not less than 45 cm square supported by a buoy; and
(b) during winter fishing, by a stake the top of which is at least 1 m above the surface of the water or ice.
- SOR/79-485, s. 3;
- SOR/81-468, s. 2;
- SOR/93-59, s. 10.
16. The web of a gill net used for commercial fishing shall not be hung on any portion of the cork line of the net at a ratio greater than 2 m of web to 1 m of cork line and no additional nets shall be hung on, added to or inserted in the web of the net to increase that ratio at any place in the net.
- SOR/81-468, s. 3.
17. (1) No person shall fish for commercial purposes except in waters set out in Schedule V.
(2) No person shall fish for commercial purposes in waters set out in Schedule III.
18. (1) No person shall fish in any waters set out in Column I of an item of Schedule V for any species of fish set out in Column II of that item,
(a) unless the person uses a gill net having a mesh size not less than that set out in Column III of that item, where applicable; or
(b) during the closed season set out in Column IV of that item.
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1) or any licence condition, the mesh size of a net shall be determined by measuring the distance between the extreme angles of a single mesh inside and between the knots after the twine has been immersed in water for at least 30 minutes and extended until straight without stretching or straining the twine or slipping a knot.
(3) The measurement referred to in subsection (2) shall be made by means of a measuring device certified under the Weights and Measures Act.
- SOR/98-388, s. 1.
- Date modified: