3. (1) These Regulations apply in respect of
(a) Canadian fisheries waters in and adjacent to the Northwest Territories; and
(b) the tidal waters of the provinces of Ontario and Manitoba.
(2) These Regulations do not apply with respect to fishing and related activities carried out under the authority of a licence issued under the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations.
- SOR/93-59, s. 2;
- SOR/2002-225, s. 1.
4. The Minister may issue a licence or certificate set out in column I of an item of Schedule IV on payment of the appropriate fee, if any, set out in column II of that item.
- SOR/93-59, s. 2.
(2) to (5) [Revoked, SOR/93-59, s. 3]
(6) No person shall fish in any lake that has been stocked with game fish except by angling.
(7) No person shall fish in any waters set out in Column I of an item of Schedule VII for the species of fish set out in Column II of that item by the method set out in Column IV of that item during the close time set out in Column III of that item.
(8) No person shall fish in the waters of Fish Creek at 67°43′42″ north latitude and 136°15′44″ west longitude, or in the waters of the Big Fish River at 68°39′48″ north latitude and 135°52′35″ west longitude, including all their tributaries, except for educational or scientific purposes under the authority of a licence.
- SOR/78-519, s. 1;
- SOR/87-508, s. 1;
- SOR/93-59, s. 3;
- SOR/93-340, s. 1;
- SOR/2009-83, s. 1.
6. [Revoked, SOR/93-59, s. 4]
7. (1) No person shall catch, kill, molest or injure fish by using firearms, spears, arrows, gaffs, lights, sticks, stones, clubs, snares, dip nets or gill nets except under the authority of a licence.
(2) No person shall fish by snagging.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), dip nets may be used to land fish caught by angling.
- SOR/93-59, s. 5.
8. A person who erects or maintains a structure for fishing upon the ice shall remove the structure at the direction of an officer.
9. Except with the permission of an officer, no person shall leave a gill net in the water
(a) during the period from May 16th to October 31st inclusive, for more than 30 consecutive hours, or
(b) during the period from November 1st to May 15th inclusive, for more than 72 consecutive hours,
without withdrawing the net from the water and removing the fish therefrom.
- Date modified: