Accountable Travel and Moving Advance Regulations (Dependants of Members of the Canadian Forces)
C.R.C., c. 671
Regulations Respecting the Making of Accountable Advances of Public Funds for Travel and Moving Expenses to Dependants of Members of the Canadian Forces who Die, or Are Officially Reported Missing, Prisoners of War, Interned or Detained by a Foreign Power, or Are Declared by Competent Medical Authority to Be Mentally Incapacitated
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Accountable Travel and Moving Advance Regulations (Dependants of Members of the Canadian Forces).
2. These Regulations apply to the dependants of officers and men of the Canadian Forces.
AUTHORIZATION OF ADVANCES
3. The Chief of the Defence Staff may authorize the making of accountable advances of public funds to the dependants of officers and men of the Canadian Forces, who are either required to move from one location to another, or to move their furniture and effects from one location to another, or both, within existing regulations, when the officer or man dies or is officially reported missing, is a prisoner of war, is interned or detained by a foreign power, or is declared by competent medical authority to be mentally incapacitated.
4. Accountable advances made under these Regulations shall be limited to amounts sufficient to meet estimated permissible expenses.
SETTLEMENT OF ADVANCES
5. Subject to subsections 31(2), (3) and (4) of the Financial Administration Act, the Chief of the Defence Staff may issue such orders as are required to provide for accountability and recovery of advances issued pursuant to these Regulations.
- Date modified: