REMOVAL OF AN OBJECT FROM CANADA UNDER PARAGRAPH 6(C) OF THE ACT
12. (1) A permit officer shall issue an export permit under paragraph 6(c) of the Act where the applicant for the permit certifies and establishes to that officer’s satisfaction that the object is to be removed from Canada for any of the following purposes:
(e) on loan;
(h) restoration or repair; or
(i) as personal effects.
(2) The length of time for which an object may be removed from Canada under an export permit issued pursuant to paragraph 6(c) of the Act shall be for a period not exceeding five years.
(3) A person who applies for an export permit to export an object under paragraph 6(c) of the Act shall include in his application for the permit a written undertaking that he will return the object for which the permit was issued to Canada within the time prescribed in the permit.
13. Where an object is removed from Canada under an export permit issued under paragraph 6(c) of the Act, the person to whom the permit was issued shall, at any time on the request of the Minister, forward to the Minister the following information:
(a) details in respect of the place where the object is located or has been located during the period it is removed from Canada; and
(b) where the object is damaged, destroyed or lost during the period it is removed from Canada, the details in respect of such damage, destruction or loss.
NOTICE OF RETURN OF AN OBJECT
14. (1) Where an object has been removed from Canada under an export permit issued under paragraph 6(c) of the Act, the person to whom the permit was issued shall, within 15 days following the day the object is returned to Canada, forward to the Minister
(a) a Notice of Return in the form set out in Schedule II; and
(b) proof satisfactory to the Minister that the object described in the Notice of Return is the object for which the export permit was issued.
(2) The following information shall be furnished in the Notice of Return referred to in subsection (1):
(a) the exporter’s name, address and telephone number;
(b) the reference number of the export permit issued in respect of the object; and
(c) documentary evidence indicating
(i) the port of entry, and
(ii) the day of entry,
of the object into Canada.
OBJECTS REQUIRING COPIES TO BE DEPOSITED
15. The following classes of objects are prescribed for the purposes of section 11 of the Act:
(a) any original archive of national historic interest if it was made in the territory that is now Canada, made out of the territory by a person who at any time normally resided in the territory or made out of the territory and relates to the history or national life of Canada, namely,
(i) a textual record or document in manuscript form,
(ii) a map, cartographic record or document in manuscript form,
(iii) a map, cartographic record or document in printed form made prior to the year 1850,
(iv) a design, pictorial record or document in manuscript form,
(v) a design, pictorial record or document in printed form made prior to the year 1880, or
(vi) a photograph, photographic record or document made prior to the year 1900; and
(b) any original public record made or received by a public authority that is a
(i) document in graphic or textual form,
(iii) cinematographic film, or
(iv) sound recording.
- Date modified: