Evidence Required to Satisfy the Minister under Paragraph 15(2)(b) of the Act
20. (1) The evidence required to satisfy the Minister that a contributor has not become entitled to a disability pension described in paragraph 15(2)(b) of the Act shall be
(a) a document signed by the contributor stating that he has not become entitled to a disability pension payable under paragraph 44(1)(b) of the Canada Pension Plan or a similar provision of the Quebec Pension Plan; and
(b) a certificate signed by or on behalf of the Minister charged with the administration of the Canada Pension Plan or the President of the Quebec Pension Board, whichever is appropriate, certifying that the contributor named therein has not become entitled to a disability pension payable under paragraph 44(1)(b) of the Canada Pension Plan or a similar provision of the Quebec Pension Plan.
(2) A contributor who is a member of the Canadian Forces on June 10, 1976, and who subsequently ceases to be a member of the Canadian Forces shall provide the evidence referred to in paragraph (1)(a) prior to the date on which the contributor is entitled to an annuity under the Act.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), a contributor who ceases to be a member of the Canadian Forces prior to June 10, 1976, shall provide the evidence set out in paragraph (1)(a) within six months of the date on which he is notified by the Minister in writing of the requirements of paragraph 15(2)(b) of the Act.
(4) The Minister may extend the time prescribed by subsection (3) where he is of the opinion that the contributor was, owing to circumstances beyond the contributor’s control, unable to provide the evidence referred to in paragraph (1)(a) within the period of time prescribed in that subsection.
- SOR/92-717, s. 10.
21. [Repealed, SOR/2001-76, s. 4]
Payments Otherwise than by Monthly Instalments
22. For the purposes of subsections 11(1) and (2) of the Act, where a person in receipt of an annuity or annual allowance requests that it be paid otherwise than in equal monthly instalments, or where the payment of an annuity or annual allowance in equal monthly instalments is not practicable for administrative reasons, the Minister may direct, if such direction does not result in the payment of an aggregate amount greater than the aggregate amount of equal monthly instalments otherwise payable in accordance with the said subsections, that the annuity or annual allowance shall be paid in arrears
(a) in equal instalments quarterly or semi-annually; or
- SOR/86-1079, s. 1;
- SOR/92-717, s. 10.
Deemed Re-enrolment — Election to Repay
22.1 (1) [Repealed, SOR/2007-33, s. 11]
(2) A person who makes an election under subsection 41(4) of the Act shall pay the amount payable under that subsection in a lump sum within 30 days after receipt of notification from the Minister of the amount due.
- SOR/95-570, s. 1;
- SOR/2001-76, s. 5(F);
- SOR/2007-33, s. 11;
- SOR/2008-307, s. 12(F).
- Date modified: