Canadian Forces Superannuation Regulations
C.R.C., c. 396
Regulations Respecting the Canadian Forces Superannuation
2. In these Regulations,
“Act” means the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act; (Loi)
- “a(f) Ultimate Table”
“a(f) Ultimate Table” means the table so entitled appearing in the “Mortality of Annuitants 1900-1920” published on behalf of the Institute of Actuaries and the Faculty of Actuaries in Scotland, 1924; (Table a (f) Ultimate)
“Minister” means the Minister of National Defence. (ministre)
- “past earnings election”
“past earnings election”, in relation to a period of pensionable service of a contributor who is a former participant under subsection 4(2) of the Reserve Force Pension Plan Regulations, means an election made under subsection 11(1) of those Regulations to count as pensionable earnings those past earnings that relate to that period. (choix visant les gains antérieurs)
- SOR/2007-33, s. 1.
3. (1) Days of Canadian Forces service are
(a) in the regular force, days of service for which pay was authorized to be paid and days of leave for maternity or parental purposes granted under the Queen’s Regulations and Orders for the Canadian Forces; and
(b) in the reserve force,
(i) days of service for which pay was authorized to be paid except that any day of service for which pay was authorized to be paid for a period of duty or training of less than six hours is considered to be 1/2 of a day,
(ii) in the proportion determined under subsection (3), days in a period of exemption or leave referred to in paragraph 2(b) of the Reserve Force Pension Plan Regulations, and
(iii) in the proportion of 1/4 of a day for each day, days in a period before April 1, 1999, if the records of the Canadian Forces or the Department of National Defence permit the verification of the duration of the period but not the number of days of service for which pay was authorized to be paid.
(2) Each day of service for which pay was authorized to be paid during which the contributor served on Reserve Service within the meaning of article 9.06 of the Queen’s Regulations and Orders for the Canadian Forces and each day of any similar service shall count as 1 2/5 days of Canadian Forces service.
(3) The proportion referred to in subparagraph (1)(b)(ii) shall be determined by the formula
- is the number of the contributor’s days of Canadian Forces service in the 364 days before the period; and
- is the number of days in the 364 days during which the contributor was a member of the Canadian Forces.
(3.1) For the purposes of subsections (1) and (2), days of Canadian Forces service are determined without taking into account section 11.
(4) Any total number of days of Canadian Forces service that includes a fraction shall be rounded to the next higher multiple of a day.
- SOR/78-197, s. 1;
- SOR/88-172, s. 1;
- SOR/2005–75, s. 1;
- SOR/2007-33, s. 2;
- SOR/2008-307, s. 1.
- Date modified: