10. (1) No person who suffers from or is a known carrier of a communicable disease or who has an infected lesion that is open or exposed shall work in any area of a registered processed egg station where there is a danger of contaminating processed egg or a processed egg contact surface with pathogenic micro-organisms.
(2) Every person engaged in the preparation of processed egg in a registered processed egg station shall wash their hands thoroughly immediately after using toilet facilities and as frequently as is necessary to prevent the contamination of processed egg.
(3) Every person handling processed egg in a registered processed egg station shall wash their hands and rinse them thoroughly in a non-irritating disinfectant solution
(a) each time on entering the processing room; and
(b) immediately after handling inedible egg or inedible processed egg.
(4) In a registered processed egg station, appropriate sanitary clothing and hair covering shall be worn by every person in a room in which processed egg is prepared and, where gloves are worn, they shall be made of an impermeable material and be in a good, clean and sanitary condition.
(5) No person shall use tobacco in any form, chew gum or consume food of any kind, except water dispensed from a drinking fountain, in any part of a registered processed egg station in which processed egg is prepared.
(6) No person engaged in the preparation of processed egg in a registered processed egg station shall wear an object or use a substance that might fall into or otherwise contaminate the processed egg.
(7) The Executive Director shall be notified of any proposed major modification to the registered processed egg station and, where requested by the Executive Director, detailed plans and specifications for the modification shall be submitted to the Executive Director.
(8) The data recorded by the heat-treating equipment shall be retained and shall, at the request of the Executive Director and in respect of any period designated by the Executive Director, be furnished to the Executive Director, signed or initialled by the operator, so that the Executive Director may examine, make copies of or take excerpts from the data.
- SOR/91-423, s. 2;
- SOR/2000-184, s. 22.
10.1 The operator shall file a report with the Executive Director each week, on a form approved by the President of the Agency, setting out, in respect of the registered processed egg station,
(a) the quantity and origin of eggs of each grade received and prepared during the week;
(b) the quantity and origin of ungraded eggs received and prepared during the week;
(c) the quantity, origin and common name of processed egg received during the week;
(d) the quantity and common name of processed egg prepared during the week; and
(e) the quantity and common name of liquid and frozen processed egg used to prepare dried processed egg during the week.
- SOR/91-423, s. 2;
- SOR/2000-184, s. 19.
PACKING AND MARKING
11. Every container of processed egg shall
(a) be clean and free from discolouration and objectionable odours;
(b) be strong enough to protect the processed egg;
(c) if made of corrugated fibreboard or imported into Canada, be new;
(d) have a new liner where a liner is used; and
(e) contain only processed egg that has the same common name.
- SOR/94-447, s. 11.
- Date modified: