4. Subject to section 6, a service charge of $0.50 per hog marketed for slaughter is payable to the Commission by every producer.
5. (1) The service charge payable by a producer shall be deducted from the moneys payable to the producer by the Commission.
(2) Every small processor who purchases hogs directly from a producer shall deduct the service charge payable in respect of those hogs from the moneys payable to the producer and remit it on a monthly basis to the Commission.
(3) Every assembly yard operator who conducts an auction of sows shall deduct the service charge payable in respect of those sows from the proceeds payable to the producer and remit it on a monthly basis to the Commission.
6. These Regulations do not apply to a producer who
(a) holds a dispensation certificate issued pursuant to section 8 of the Saskatchewan Hog Marketing (Interprovincial and Export) Regulations;
(b) has a hog slaughtered for his own consumption;
(c) sells a hog to a consumer for consumption by the consumer;
(d) sells a hog to a processor designated by the Commission to provide specific research data; or
(e) markets any of the following classes of hogs:
(i) breeding stock,
(ii) weanling pigs,
(iii) feeder pigs, or
- Date modified: