Ontario Wheat Marketing (Interprovincial and Export) Regulations
C.R.C., c. 224
Regulations Respecting the Marketing in Interprovincial and Export Trade of Wheat Produced in Ontario
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Ontario Wheat Marketing (Interprovincial and Export) Regulations.
2. In these Regulations,
“agent” means a person appointed by the Commodity Board as its agent to purchase or receive wheat from producers on its behalf; (agent)
- “Commodity Board”
“Commodity Board” means The Ontario Wheat Producers’ Marketing Board; (Office de commercialisation)
“producer” means a person engaged in the production of wheat. (producteur)
3. (1) These Regulations apply only to the marketing of wheat in interprovincial and export trade and to persons and property situated in the Province of Ontario.
(2) These Regulations do not apply where wheat is sold directly by one producer to another and used by that other producer on his farm.
PURCHASE AND SALE
4. (1) No producer shall sell or offer to sell wheat to any person other than an agent.
(2) No person other than an agent shall purchase wheat from a producer.
(3) No agent shall purchase wheat from a producer except for the Commodity Board.
TRANSPORTATION AND PROCESSING
5. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), no producer shall transport or ship wheat to any place other than the premises of an agent.
(2) A producer may transport wheat to
(a) a feed mill for processing and use by the producer; or
(b) a terminal elevator at the direction of an agent.
(3) A producer may transport seed wheat to a seed cleaning plant.
(4) No person shall process wheat that has not been sold by or through the Commodity Board, except seed wheat processed for a producer.
6. (1) The Commodity Board shall conduct a pool or pools for the distribution of proceeds from sales of wheat.
(2) The Commodity Board shall distribute the proceeds from sales in each pool conducted pursuant to subsection (1), after deducting therefrom all the necessary and proper disbursements and expenses in respect of the sales, in such a manner that each producer receives his share of the total proceeds in the pool in proportion to the quantity, and taking into account the variety and grade, of wheat delivered by him.
(3) Each producer who sells wheat to the Commodity Board pursuant to these Regulations is entitled to be paid
(a) on delivery to an agent, an initial payment in an amount determined by the Commodity Board; and
(b) payments, in addition to the payment referred to in paragraph (a), in such amounts and at such times as the Commodity Board determines, until all of the proceeds referred to in subsection (2) received by the Commodity Board from sales of wheat have been paid to the producers entitled thereto.
- Date modified: