Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Appointed Shippers’ Procedures (Interprovincial and Export) Regulations
C.R.C., c. 210
Regulations Respecting the Appointment of Shippers as Agents for the Marketing in Interprovincial and Export Trade of Greenhouse Vegetables Produced in Ontario and the Procedures Regulating Such Trade
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Appointed Shippers’ Procedures (Interprovincial and Export) Regulations.
2. In these Regulations,
- “appointed shipper”
“appointed shipper” means a shipper in possession of a valid and subsisting certificate of appointment issued by the Commodity Board pursuant to section 4; (expéditeur désigné)
- “Commodity Board”
“Commodity Board” means The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Producers’ Marketing Board; (Office de commercialisation)
- “greenhouse vegetables”
“greenhouse vegetables” means tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce produced in the Province of Ontario in a greenhouse or any other enclosure under glass, plastic or other material used for the purpose of controlling temperature and providing protection for growing plants; (légumes de serre)
“producer” means a person engaged in the production of greenhouse vegetables; (producteur)
“product” means any quantity of greenhouse vegetables; (produit)
“shipper” means any person who offers for sale, sells, receives, assembles, packs, ships for sale or transports a product but does not include
(a) a servant employed by and driving a vehicle owned by a producer or a shipper,
(b) a railway company, or
(c) a person who transports the product by motor vehicle as agent of the producer. (expéditeur)
3. These Regulations apply only to the marketing of a product in interprovincial and export trade and to persons and property situated in the Province of Ontario.
APPOINTMENT AS A SHIPPER
4. (1) No person shall act as a shipper unless he holds a valid certificate of appointment as a shipper issued by the Commodity Board authorizing him to act on behalf of the Commodity Board.
(2) No certificate of appointment as a shipper shall be issued to a person by the Board
(a) except upon execution between the Commodity Board and the shipper of an agreement in the form and on the terms prescribed by the Commodity Board; and
(b) unless that person applies for the certificate by completing and forwarding to the Commodity Board an application in the form set out in Schedule I.
(3) A certificate of appointment as a shipper shall
(a) be in the form set out in Schedule II; and
(b) expire on December 31st of the year in which it is issued or upon cancellation of the agreement referred to in paragraph (2)(a), whichever is earlier.
- Date modified: