War Service Grants Regulations
C.R.C., c. 1601
Regulations Made Pursuant to the War Service Grants Act
2. (1) In these Regulations,
“Act” means the War Service Grants Act; (Loi)
- “Advisory Committee”
“Advisory Committee” means the Re-establishment Credit Advisory Committee consisting of not less than two nor more than three employees of the Department appointed by the Minister in and for any district; (Comité consultatif)
“Department” means the Department of Veterans Affairs. (ministère)
(2) Other words and expressions in these Regulations have the same meaning as in the Act.
- SOR/91-307, s. 1(F).
3. The Minister shall cause such records to be kept as he may consider necessary for the proper administration of the Act.
WAR SERVICE GRATUITY
4. (1) A favourable decision in any case by two members of the Committee of Review shall be final, and an unfavourable decision can be made only by three members.
(2) A copy of every decision of the Committee of Review shall be placed on the file of the member of the forces concerned held at the head office of the Department.
5. The gratuity or any portion thereof payable to a person who qualifies therefor in respect of a member of the forces who dies on service or after discharge, but before such member has been paid in full, shall be paid in one lump sum.
6. Any overpayment of pay and allowances as described in subsection 6(1) of the Act shall be deducted from the gratuity, but such overpayment shall not be deemed to include overpayment of pay and allowances made in respect of service in the forces of Her Majesty other than those raised in Canada to a person claiming benefits by virtue of section 26 of the Act.
7. (1) The Minister may refer any application to an Advisory Committee for its advice and recommendation respecting the qualifications of the applicant for re-establishment credit in relation to the objects for which the credit is proposed to be used and the soundness of the investment proposed by the applicant.
(2) A person applying for a credit may request that his application be referred to an Advisory Committee.
(3) No credit shall be made available to a member for the purchase of a business unless the application therefor is first referred to the Advisory Committee established for the district in which the member resides or the district in which he proposes to use the credit, for the purpose of securing its advice as to the soundness of the investment in the case of such member.
- Date modified: