RETENTION OF STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS
8. (1) The Clerk of the Privy Council shall retain the original, or a copy certified to be a true copy, of each of the official language versions of each statutory instrument or other document that is registered pursuant to section 6 of the Act.
(2) Where a regulation is exempt from registration, the regulation-making authority shall retain the original, or a copy certified to be a true copy, of each of the official language versions of that regulation.
- SOR/93-245, s. 3.
10. The typography, style and format of Part I, Part II and Part III of the Canada Gazette shall be substantially similar to the typography, style and format of the public general Acts of the Parliament of Canada.
11. (1) Subject to subsection (3) and section 14, every statutory instrument, other than a regulation, and every other document that is required or authorized to be published in the Canada Gazette by or under the authority of the Act or any other Act of Parliament shall be published in Part I of the Canada Gazette.
(2) Every regulation, other than a regulation that is exempt from publication, shall be published in Part II of the Canada Gazette.
(3) The following classes of statutory instruments or other documents shall be published in Part II of the Canada Gazette:
(a) orders made by the Governor in Council under the Public Service Rearrangement and Transfer of Duties Act;
(b) orders made by the Governor in Council whereby any member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada is designated to act as the Minister for the purposes of any Act of Parliament or to act as the appropriate Minister for the purposes of the Financial Administration Act;
(d) orders made under section 23 of the Financial Administration Act;
(e) rules governing the practice and procedure in proceedings before a judicial body that is established under an enactment of a province that are required to be published in the Canada Gazette by an Act of Parliament; and
(f) [Repealed, SOR/93-245, s. 4]
(g) orders fixing the day or days on which an Act or any provision thereof shall come into force.
- SOR/78-814, s. 2;
- SOR/85-855, s. 1;
- SOR/86-318, s. 1;
- SOR/89-247, s. 1;
- SOR/93-245, s. 4.
- Date modified: