20. Every hatcheryman shall report by mail to the Regional Director for the region where the hatchery is located, not later than Saturday of each week, on forms supplied by the Regional Director, statistical information with respect to his production and marketing of chicks and poultry during that week.
- SOR/82-671, s. 5.
21. Every hatcheryman shall annually furnish the Regional Director for the region where the hatchery is located with the name and address of every person who acts as his agent in the marketing of chicks and poultry.
- SOR/82-671, s. 5.
PACKAGING AND MARKING
22. The boxes used by a hatcheryman for the marketing of chicks shall
(a) be clean and strong;
(b) provide adequate ventilation for the chicks; and
(c) have new chick box pads.
23. Every box or other package used by a hatcheryman for the marketing of chicks shall be clearly marked with
(a) the number of chicks contained therein,
(b) the breed or strain of the chicks contained therein, and
(c) the name and address of the hatcheryman or the permit number of the hatchery in which the chicks contained in the box or other package were hatched,
unless the box or package is accompanied by an invoice or other document containing the information set out in paragraphs (a) to (c).
SEIZURE AND DETENTION
24. An inspector who seizes chicks or poultry that have been produced, packed, shipped, transported or imported in violation of the Act or these Regulations shall attach to the box containing the chicks or poultry a tag upon which shall be clearly set forth
(a) the words “Under Detention—Canada Department of Agriculture—En détention—Ministère de l’Agriculture du Canada”;
(b) a brief description of the contents of the box;
(c) the reason for seizure;
(d) the date; and
(e) the inspector’s signature.
25. Chicks or poultry seized by an inspector shall not be detained after
(a) in the opinion of the inspector the provisions of the Act and these Regulations have been complied with; or
(b) the owner agrees to dispose of such chicks or poultry in a manner satisfactory to the Minister.
- Date modified: