8. (1) Every section shall be divided into units.
(2) Every unit shall be bounded on the east and west sides by meridians spaced at intervals of one-quarter of the interval between the east and west boundaries of the section.
(3) Every unit shall be bounded on the north and south sides by straight lines drawn parallel to the north and south boundaries of the section and spaced at intervals of one-quarter of the interval between the north and south boundaries of the section.
(4) Every unit shall be identified by the letter to which it corresponds in the following diagram:
M N O P L K J I E F G H D C B A
9. All latitudes and longitudes used in these Regulations shall be referred to the North American Datum of 1927.
- SOR/80-590, s. 2.
(2) No person shall make a legal survey of Canada lands other than a Canada Lands Surveyor.
(3) A Canada Lands Surveyor may enter upon a permit area, lease area or development structure for the purpose of making a legal survey or other positional surveys if he gives prior written notice to the Chief.
(4) The lessee, permittee, holder or operator Of a development structure shall give reasonable assistance to a Canada Lands Surveyor entering under subsection (3).
(5) Any legal survey shall be authorized and paid for by the permittee, holder or lessee as the case may be.
- SOR/80-590, s. 3;
- 1998, c. 14, s. 102(F).
11. (1) Every plan of legal survey shall be signed by the surveyor and submitted to the Surveyor General together with the surveyor’s field notes annexed to an affidavit of the surveyor verifying that he has executed the legal survey faithfully, correctly and in accordance with these Regulations and with any instructions issued to him by the Surveyor General.
(2) Every plan of legal survey shall, where relevant, show
(a) the position, direction and length of the boundaries of grid areas and divisions thereof;
(b) the position of existing wells;
(c) the nature and position of any monument used to mark, or placed as a reference to, any boundary or position referred to in paragraph (a) or (b); and
(d) any road allowance, surveyed road, railway, pipeline, high voltage power lines or other right of way, dwellings, industrial plants, permanent buildings, air fields and existing or proposed fight ways.
- SOR/80-590, s. 3;
- 1998, c. 14, s. 101(F).
- Date modified: