3. These Regulations apply to the stationary bulk storage facilities for liquefied petroleum gases on the right-of-way owned or leased by any railway company subject to the jurisdiction of the Commission.
4. (1) These Regulations apply to new installations and additions or changes to existing installations.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), installations previously approved by an order of the Commission shall be operated in accordance with these Regulations and, if ordered by the Commission, shall also be made to conform to those parts of these Regulations pertaining to location, construction and design.
Application of Part
5. This Part does not apply with respect to installations with a total storage capacity not exceeding 2,000 Imperial gallons of water measured at 60°F, if such installations otherwise comply with all other applicable requirements of these Regulations.
Application for Leave
6. No person shall begin the construction of storage facilities for liquefied petroleum gases without leave of the Commission granted upon an application made therefor through the railway company concerned.
7. The application shall be submitted to the Secretary of the Commission together with four copies of all drawings, including plans and profiles, which shall comply with the requirements of sections 8 to 13.
8. The plan shall be drawn to a scale of not less than 50 feet to one inch and the profile to a scale of not less than 20 feet to one inch.
9. All drawings shall be dated and bear an identification number and the name of the applicant.
10. The plan shall show the distances between
(a) the loading or unloading rack or point and
(i) the gauge side of the nearest rail of the loading or unloading track,
(ii) schools, stations, residential areas, hospitals and other similar places of public assembly within 250 feet of the said loading or unloading rack or point,
(iii) all engine houses, railway shops, grain elevators and other similar buildings within 150 feet of the said loading or unloading rack or point;
(b) the centre line of the loading or unloading track and
(i) the gauge side of the nearest rail of main track, and
(ii) the gauge side of the nearest rail of the nearest adjacent track not serving the installation;
(c) the storage tanks and
(i) other storage tanks, pumphouses, warehouses, loading and unloading racks, and other structures on the site,
(ii) the line of adjoining property,
(iii) the gauge side of the nearest rail of the closest track,
(iv) the gauge side of the nearest rail of the main track,
(v) stations, schools, residential areas, hospitals or other similar places of public assembly within 450 feet of the said storage tanks, and
(vi) all engine houses, railway shops, grain elevators or other similar buildings within 250 feet of the said storage tanks.
- Date modified: