Marginal note:Distribution of assets
76. (1) After the notices required by sections 74 and 75 have been given, the respective times specified in the notices have expired and all claims of which proof has been required by due notice in writing by the liquidator in that behalf have been allowed or disallowed by the court in whole or in part, the liquidator may distribute the assets of the company or any part of those assets among the persons entitled to them and without reference to any claim against the company, or, in the case of an authorized foreign bank, against the authorized foreign bank in respect of its business in Canada, that has not then been sent to the liquidator.
Marginal note:Claims not sent in
(2) The liquidator is not liable to any person whose claim has not been sent in at the time of distributing the assets or part thereof under subsection (1) for the assets or part thereof so distributed.
- R.S., 1985, c. W-11, s. 76;
- 1999, c. 28, s. 83.
Marginal note:Rank of claims sent in after distribution started
77. Where any claim or claims are sent in to the liquidator after any partial distribution of the assets of a company, the claim or claims, subject to proof and allowance as required by this Act, shall rank with other claims of creditors in any future distribution of assets of the company.
- R.S., c. W-10, s. 77.
Marginal note:Duty of creditor holding security
78. If a creditor holds security on the estate of a company, or, in the case of an authorized foreign bank, a creditor or person holds security on the assets of the authorized foreign bank, the creditor or person shall specify the nature and amount of the security in the claim, and shall, in the claim, on oath, put a specified value on the security.
- R.S., 1985, c. W-11, s. 78;
- 1999, c. 28, s. 84.
Marginal note:Option of liquidator
79. The liquidator, under the authority of the court, may either consent to the retention by the creditor, or, in the case of an authorized foreign bank, by the creditor or person who holds security, of the property and effects constituting the security referred to in section 78 or on which it attaches, at the value specified on the security, property and effects, or may require from the creditor or person an assignment and delivery of the security, property and effects, at the specified value, to be paid by the liquidator out of the estate as soon as the liquidator has realized the security, together with interest on the value from the date of filing the claim until payment.
- R.S., 1985, c. W-11, s. 79;
- 1999, c. 28, s. 84.
Marginal note:Ranking of secured creditor
80. In the event of the retention referred to in section 79, the difference between the value at which the security is retained and the amount of the claim of the creditor shall be the amount for which he may rank in any future distribution of assets.
- R.S., c. W-10, s. 80.
- Date modified: