11. (1) A member is deemed to be an employee for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
(2) A member is deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act.
- 1995, c. 18, s. 11;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E), 225(E).
Marginal note:Head office
12. The head office of the Board shall be at such place in Canada as the Governor in Council may designate.
Marginal note:Officers and employees
POWERS, DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
Marginal note:Access to records
15. Subject to any other Act of Parliament and any regulations made under any other Act of Parliament, the Board may inspect the records of the Department of Veterans Affairs and all material relating to any proceeding before the Board.
- 1995, c. 18, s. 15;
- 2000, c. 34, s. 94(F).
Marginal note:Additional powers, duties and functions
16. The Board shall exercise such powers and shall perform such duties and functions as are conferred or imposed on it by or pursuant to any other Act of Parliament or any order of the Governor in Council.
17. Subject to subsections 19(1), 27(1), 34(2) and 44(2), the Chairperson may establish panels of one or more members to exercise any power or perform any duty or function of the Board designated by the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Exclusive jurisdiction
18. The Board has full and exclusive jurisdiction to hear, determine and deal with all applications for review that may be made to the Board under the Pension Act or the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act, and all matters related to those applications.
- 1995, c. 18, s. 18;
- 2005, c. 21, s. 110.
- Date modified: