Marginal note:Judicial notice
Marginal note:Business documents
66. (1) In proceedings under this Act, a document purporting to have been issued by a Canadian carrier or by an agent or a mandatary of a Canadian carrier is admissible in evidence against the carrier without proof of the issuance of the document by the carrier or the authenticity of its contents.
Marginal note:Ministerial or Commission documents
(2) A document appearing to be signed by the Minister, the Chairperson of the Commission or the secretary to the Commission is evidence of the official character of the person appearing to have signed it and, in the case of the Chairperson or secretary, of its issuance by the Commission, and if the document appears to be a copy of a decision or report, it is evidence of its contents.
(3) A copy of a document submitted to the Commission and appearing to be certified as a true copy by the secretary to the Commission is, without proof of the secretary’s signature, evidence of the original, of its submission to the Commission, of the date of its submission and of the signature of any person appearing to have signed it.
(4) A certificate appearing to be signed by the secretary to the Commission and bearing the Commission’s seal is evidence of its contents without proof of the signature.
- 1993, c. 38, s. 66;
- 2001, c. 34, s. 32(E);
- 2004, c. 25, s. 178.
67. (1) The Commission may make regulations
(a) prescribing standards governing the height of transmission lines of Canadian carriers, not inconsistent with standards prescribed under any other Act of Parliament;
(b) establishing rules respecting its practice and procedure;
(b.1) prescribing classes of international telecommunications service licences;
(b.2) requiring international telecommunications service licensees to publish their licences or otherwise make them available for public inspection;
(c) establishing the criteria for the awarding of costs; and
(d) generally for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act or any special Act.
(2) Regulations made by the Commission may be of general application or applicable in respect of a particular case or class of cases.
Marginal note:Incorporation by reference
(3) Regulations made by the Commission incorporating any standard or enactment by reference may incorporate it as amended from time to time.
- 1993, c. 38, s. 67;
- 1998, c. 8, s. 7.
- Date modified: