Marginal note:In camera hearings
54. A hearing or a portion of a hearing before the Commission may, on the request of any party to the hearing, or on the Commission’s own motion, be held in camera if that party establishes to the satisfaction of the Commission, or the Commission determines, that the circumstances of the case so require.
Marginal note:Judicial powers
55. The Commission has the powers of a superior court with respect to
(a) the attendance and examination of witnesses;
(b) the production and examination of any document, information or thing;
(c) the enforcement of its decisions;
(d) the entry on and inspection of property; and
(e) the doing of anything else necessary for the exercise of its powers and the performance of its duties.
Marginal note:Award of costs
56. (1) The Commission may award interim or final costs of and incidental to proceedings before it and may fix the amount of the costs or direct that the amount be taxed.
Marginal note:Payment of costs
(2) The Commission may order by whom and to whom any costs are to be paid and by whom they are to be taxed and may establish a scale for the taxation of costs.
Marginal note:Rules, orders and regulations
57. The Commission may make rules, orders and regulations respecting any matter or thing within the jurisdiction of the Commission under this Act or any special Act.
Guidelines and Advice
58. The Commission may from time to time issue guidelines and statements with respect to any matter within its jurisdiction under this Act or any special Act, but the guidelines and statements are not binding on the Commission.
59. (1) Where a person proposes to provide a telecommunications service that would utilize telecommunications services obtained from a Canadian carrier, the Commission may, on application by the person or the carrier, advise the applicant whether and under what conditions the carrier is obliged or entitled to provide telecommunications services for the purpose of that utilization under the applicable decisions of the Commission and tariffs of the carrier, but the advice is not binding on the Commission.
(2) This section does not affect the power of the Commission to advise any person with respect to any other matter within its jurisdiction.
Decisions of Commission
Marginal note:Partial or additional relief
60. The Commission may grant the whole or any portion of the relief applied for in any case, and may grant any other relief in addition to or in substitution for the relief applied for as if the application had been for that other relief.
- Date modified: