Marginal note:Registered office
11. Every trade union registered under this Act shall have a registered office to which all communications and notices may be addressed.
- R.S., c. T-11, s. 11.
Marginal note:Notice of office
12. Notice of the location of the registered office of a trade union and of any change therein shall be given to the Registrar and recorded by him, and until notice of the location of the registered office is given to the Registrar, a trade union shall be deemed not to have complied with this Act.
- R.S., c. T-11, s. 12.
Marginal note:General statement of affairs
13. (1) A general statement of the receipts, funds, effects and expenditure of every trade union registered under this Act shall be transmitted to the Registrar, before June 1 in each year, and shall show fully the assets and liabilities at the date and the receipts and expenditure of the trade union during the year preceding the date, to which it is made out, and separately, the expenditure in respect of the several objects of the trade union, and such statement shall be prepared and made out to such date, in such form and shall comprise such particulars as the Registrar requires.
Marginal note:Members and depositors
(2) Every member of and depositor in any trade union that is registered under this Act is entitled to receive, on application to the secretary or treasurer of the trade union, a copy of the general statement described in subsection (1) without cost.
- R.S., c. T-11, s. 13.
Marginal note:Copies of rules to accompany statement
14. There shall be sent to the Registrar, together with the general statement described in section 13, a copy of all new rules and of all alterations of rules, and a statement showing the changes of officers, made by the trade union during the year preceding the date to which the general statement is made out, and a copy of the rules of the trade union as they exist at that date.
- R.S., c. T-11, s. 14.
Marginal note:Powers relating to land
15. (1) Any trade union registered under this Act may purchase, or take on lease, in the names of the trustees of the trade union, any land not exceeding one acre, and may sell, exchange, mortgage, hypothecate or lease the land.
Marginal note:Authority of trustees
(2) No purchaser, assignee, mortgagee, hypothecary creditor or tenant is bound to inquire whether the trustees of a trade union registered under this Act have authority for any sale, exchange, mortgage, hypothec or lease, and the receipt of the trustees is a discharge for the money arising from the sale, exchange, mortgage, hypothec or lease.
Marginal note:What constitutes distinct union
(3) For the purposes of this section, every branch of a trade union shall be considered a distinct union.
- R.S., 1985, c. T-14, s. 15;
- 2001, c. 4, s. 125(E).
- Date modified: