Marginal note:Final list of interests
30. (1) The Minister shall cause to be prepared, not later than ten days after the expiration of the period referred to in subsection 29(3), a final list of all rights and interests in Sechelt lands in respect of which laws are made under section 28.
Marginal note:Copies to be provided
(2) The Minister shall cause a copy of every final list prepared under subsection (1) to be provided forthwith to the Council and to an official designated for that purpose by the government of British Columbia.
Marginal note:Final list determinative
(3) A final list prepared under subsection (1) is for all purposes determinative of all rights and interests in the lands to which it relates as of the time the list is prepared.
Marginal note:Class 24 of section 91
(2) Moneys transferred under this section shall be administered in accordance with the constitution and laws of the Band.
Marginal note:Agreements between Minister and Band
33. The Minister may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, enter into an agreement with the Band under which funding would be provided by the government of Canada to the Band in the form of grants over such period of time, and subject to such terms and conditions, as are specified in the agreement.
34. Any amounts required for the purposes of section 33 shall be paid out of such moneys as may be appropriated by Parliament for those purposes.
APPLICATION OF INDIAN ACT
Marginal note:Application of Indian Act
35. (1) Subject to section 36, the Indian Act applies, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of the Band, its members, the Council and Sechelt lands except to the extent that the Indian Act is inconsistent with this Act, the constitution of the Band or a law of the Band.
(2) For greater certainty, the Indian Act applies for the purpose of determining which members of the Band are “Indians” within the meaning of that Act.
Marginal note:Taxation provisions
(3) For greater certainty, section 87 of the Indian Act applies, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of the Band and its members who are Indians within the meaning of that Act, subject to any laws made by the Council in relation to the class of matters set out in paragraph 14(1)(e).
- Date modified: