Marginal note:Supplementary benefits
12. A retirement compensation arrangement shall provide for the payment of supplementary benefits in relation to any periodic payments to which a person is entitled under that arrangement, calculated at the same rates and in the same manner as is provided under the Supplementary Retirement Benefits Act in respect of supplementary retirement benefits payable under that Act.
13. (1) The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister, by order, amend or authorize the amendment of any retirement compensation arrangement.
Marginal note:Retroactivity of amendments
(2) An amendment to a retirement compensation arrangement may, if the order by which the amendment is made or is authorized to be made so provides, be retroactive and be deemed to come into force on a day prior to the day on which the order is made, which prior day shall not be before the day on which that arrangement is established.
Marginal note:Void amendments
(3) An amendment to a retirement compensation arrangement is void if the amendment would reduce or have the effect of reducing
(a) a benefit accrued under that arrangement before the day on which the amendment is made; or
(b) the retirement compensation benefit credit accrued under that arrangement in respect of that benefit.
Marginal note:Advisory committees
14. (1) The Governor in Council may establish advisory committees to advise and assist the Minister on matters arising in connection with the operation of any retirement compensation arrangement or with any proposal to establish a retirement compensation arrangement.
(2) An advisory committee shall consist of eight persons appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister, four of whom shall be selected from among persons who are subject to a retirement compensation arrangement or may become subject to a retirement compensation arrangement that is proposed to be established, as appropriate.
(3) A member of an advisory committee shall be appointed to hold office for a term not exceeding three years.
Marginal note:Persons required to contribute
15. Every person who is subject to a retirement compensation arrangement that is designated by the regulations is required to contribute to the Retirement Compensation Arrangements Account, by reservation from the person’s salary, from any benefit that is or becomes payable to, or in respect of, that person or otherwise, in the manner and under the circumstances prescribed in respect of that arrangement, at the rate or rates established by the regulations in respect of that arrangement.
- 1992, c. 46, Sch. I, s. 15;
- 2011, c. 24, s. 183.
- Date modified: