Marginal note:When Board may establish or declare block of land a settlement area
42. If the Board decides to acquire by compulsory purchase any block which is not within an existing settlement area, it may establish the block as a settlement area, or it may by notice gazetted in the manner provided in section forty-one of this Act, declare such block to be within an existing settlement area, of which area the notice shall define altered bounds to include the block so decided to be purchased, whereupon compulsory purchase proceedings may be conducted in every respect as if the block had been originally within an established settlement area.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 42.
Marginal note:Duties of registrar of deeds as to registers and registrations of transactions under this Act
43. Every registrar of deeds shall, upon receipt of any copy of the Canada Gazette containing any notice in form D gazetted under this Act affecting lands within his registration district, register, record or enter in the book or books, including index books, in which, according to the law of his province with reference to the registration or recording of grants, conveyances or transfers of land, grants, deeds or other documents of conveyance or copies thereof or notations or references thereto ought by him to be registered, recorded or entered, either the whole notice in form D so gazetted or sufficient notations or references thereto or therefrom as will show that the land described or the interest stated in such notice is owned by the Board absolutely by right acquired under this Act, and upon any resale of such land or of part thereof by the Board shall, when required, register, record or enter in such books the purchaser thereof or of part thereof in accordance with the terms of any grant or conveyance from the Board presented for registration, recording or entry.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 43.
Marginal note:Claims on land become claims on compensation money
44. The compensation money agreed upon or adjudged for any land compulsorily purchased for any of the purposes of this Act shall stand in the stead of such land or property; and any claim to or encumbrance upon such land or property shall, as respects the Board, be converted into a claim to such compensation money or to a proportionate amount thereof as may be allowed and shall be void as respects any land so compulsorily purchased.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 44.
Marginal note:Costs at discretion of Court
45. The costs of and incidental to any compulsory purchase proceedings under this Act shall be in the discretion of the Court, which may direct that the whole or any part of such costs may be paid by the Board or by any party to such proceedings.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 45.
Payment of Compensation or Costs
Marginal note:Payment of compensation or costs.
46. The Board may pay to any person any sum to which, under the judgment of the Court, in virtue of the provisions of this Act, he is entitled as compensation money or costs.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 46.
- Date modified: