Sales for Special Purposes
Marginal note:Sale of lands for dairy, educational and other purposes and to provincial authorities: price to be not less than estimated cost to a settler
29. Notwithstanding anything in this Act, the Board, with the consent of the Governor in Council, may sell any land which is at its disposal for sale, in the cases and subject to the conditions following, that is to say: —
(a) as a site for a dairy factory, cheese factory, fruit preserving factory or creamery, or for any educational, religious, charitable or public purpose, or for any other purpose which, in the opinion of the Board, renders such a sale in the public interest;
(b) to any provincial or municipal authority for any purpose;
(c) the price shall in each case be fixed by the Governor in Council and shall be not less than the cost of the land as it would be estimated by the Board on a sale to a settler of lands acquired by purchase under this Act.
- R.S., 1927, c. 188, s. 29;
- 1932, c. 53, s. 2.
Marginal note:All agreements between Board and settler under twenty-one years are valid
30. All deeds of land, all mortgages and charges upon land or goods and all contracts and agreements whatever, including bills of exchange and promissory notes, made or entered into by any settler to or with, or for the benefit or security of, the Board, purporting to act with respect thereto or to accept any thereof in execution of any of its powers under this Act or under the former Act, shall be valid and enforceable notwithstanding that such settler is not of the full age of twenty-one years, or is an Indian or is under any civil disability.
Marginal note:Commencement of section
Footnote *2. This section shall be deemed to have been operative as from the passing of the former Act.
Return to footnote *[Note: The Soldier Settlement Act, 1917 assented to August 29, 1917.]
- 1919, c. 71, s. 30.
Marginal note:Settler occupant deemed tenant
31. Every settler holding or occupying land sold by the Board shall, until the Board grants or conveys the land to him, be deemed a tenant at will.
- 1919, c. 71, s. 31.
Marginal note:Additional security for advances may be required
32. Every settler obtaining advances from the Board for any of the purposes of this Act may be required, if the Board considers the security otherwise insufficient, to furnish security on any property owned or held by him.
Marginal note:Documents to be in prescribed form, and to have statutory effect
2. All agreements of sale or otherwise, all instruments evidencing liens or charges, and all other documents authorized or required by this Act, shall be made in such form and according to such forms, and shall contain such provisions as the Board shall provide, and every such document shall have effect as if the form thereof were statutory, and were provided by and as part of this Act.
- 1920, c. 19, s. 4.
- Date modified: