Tenure of Office of Members
Marginal note:Tenure of officers
12. (1) Officers of the Force hold office during the pleasure of the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Other members
(2) No member other than an officer may be dismissed or discharged from the Force except as provided in this Act, the regulations or the Commissioner’s standing orders.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 12;
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 6.
12.1 Every member who has contravened, is found contravening or is suspected of contravening the Code of Conduct or an Act of Parliament or of the legislature of a province may be suspended from duty by the Commissioner.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 7.
13. The headquarters of the Force and the offices of the Commissioner shall be at Ottawa.
- R.S., c. R-9, s. 14.
14. (1) Every member shall, before entering on the duties of the member’s office, take the oath of allegiance and the oaths set out in the schedule.
Marginal note:Authority to administer
(2) The oaths prescribed by subsection (1), and any other oath or declaration that may be necessary or required, may be taken by the Commissioner before any judge, provincial court judge or justice of the peace having jurisdiction in any part of Canada, and by any other member before the Commissioner or any officer or person having authority to administer oaths or take and receive affidavits.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 14;
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 203, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 8.
Absence of Commissioner
Marginal note:Authority where Commissioner absent
15. (1) In the event that the Commissioner is absent or unable to act or the office is vacant, the senior Deputy Commissioner at the headquarters of the Force has, for the time being, the control and management of the Force and all matters connected therewith, and for such purposes the senior Deputy Commissioner may exercise all the powers of the Commissioner under this Act or any other Act.
Marginal note:Authority where Commissioner and Deputy Commissioners absent
(2) In the event that the Commissioner and all the Deputy Commissioners are absent or unable to act or the offices are vacant, the senior Assistant Commissioner at the headquarters of the Force has, for the time being, the control and management of the Force and all matters connected therewith, and for such purposes the senior Assistant Commissioner may exercise all of the powers of the Commissioner under this Act or any other Act.
- R.S., c. R-9, s. 16.
- Date modified: