Marginal note:Revocation of registration
11.1 The Superintendent may revoke the registration and cancel the certificate of registration in respect of a pension plan if the administrator of the plan does not comply with a direction under section 11 within sixty days, or such longer period as the Superintendent may determine, after being informed by the Superintendent of the failure to comply. The Superintendent shall notify the administrator of the measures taken, including the date of the revocation and cancellation.
- 1998, c. 12, s. 10.
Duty to Provide Information
Marginal note:Annual reporting requirements
12. (1) The administrator of a pension plan shall file with the Superintendent — annually or at any other intervals or times that the Superintendent directs — an information return relating to that pension plan, containing the prescribed information.
Marginal note:Actuarial reports, financial statements and other information
(2) The administrator of a pension plan shall file with the Superintendent actuarial reports, financial statements, and any other information required by or under the regulations at any intervals or times that the Superintendent directs.
(3) The employer shall file with the Superintendent any information required by or under the regulations at any intervals or times that the Superintendent directs.
Marginal note:Actuarial reports and financial statements
(3.1) Except as otherwise specified by the Superintendent,
(a) the actuarial reports must be prepared in accordance with the standards of practice adopted by the Canadian Institute of Actuaries; and
(b) the financial statements must be prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, the primary source of which is the Handbook of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Marginal note:Form and manner of filings and time limit
(4) Every document required to be filed under this section shall be filed in the form and manner, if any, that the Superintendent directs, and unless otherwise directed by the Superintendent, within six months after the end of the plan year to which the document relates.
- R.S., 1985, c. 32 (2nd Supp.), s. 12;
- 1998, c. 12, s. 12;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1801, c. 25, s. 190.
Marginal note:Information to members
13. The administrator of a pension plan must provide the members, former members and any other persons entitled to pension benefits under the plan with any information that the Superintendent specifies, at the time and in the manner specified by the Superintendent.
- R.S., 1985, c. 32 (2nd Supp.), s. 13;
- 1998, c. 12, s. 13;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1802.
- Date modified: